ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

payslip

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

The Husband
Newly Registered

payslip

Post by The Husband » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:31 pm

How old can the last payslip be at the time of visa appliction?

Thankyou

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:55 pm

might help if you say what sort of application you are applying for
pennyless

The Husband
Newly Registered

Post by The Husband » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Sorry.

I would like to know in the case of a family visit visa and in the case of a settlement visa.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:04 pm

3-6 months covering the period preceding date of the application. The more (6 rather 5 or 4 ..) the better.

See also Supporting documents
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

The Husband
Newly Registered

Post by The Husband » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:16 pm

Hello sushdmehta

What i meant was more about the age of the last payslip rather then how many.

eg; can i apply for one of the two visas i mentiond while the last of the six payslips is 3 or 4 months old?

If not then how old can the last one be.

Hope i made myself clear.

Bedar Bakht
Newly Registered

Post by Bedar Bakht » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:33 pm

The Husband wrote:Hello sushdmehta

What i meant was more about the age of the last payslip rather then how many.

eg; can i apply for one of the two visas i mentiond while the last of the six payslips is 3 or 4 months old?

If not then how old can the last one be.
i need to ask a similer question regarding bank statements. i have sent the required documents for spouse visa including 5 months bank statements to my wife in Pakistan. by the time she gonna submit the application the last bank statement will be 2 months old.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:16 am

If I was an ECO - I would probably think that 2 months is the oldest documentation should be ... I mean ... think of it logically ...

How long does it take to send documentation over to another country? A week? Two? A couple of days if you courier it?

So - even if it was two weeks, and then the application was booked for two weeks in advance ... you might have only had last months documents - meaning you're two months behind.

If you sent me documents 3-4 months old - I'd be wondering why.

M.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:51 am

I will go a step further .... and suggest .... that the "most recent" should not be more than a month old from the date of the application.

e.g. - if an application is being submitted in March, the "most recent" payslip and bank statement should be that of "February" - if the ones for March cannot be made available to the applicant (overseas) on the day of application.

Louby Lou
Newly Registered

Post by Louby Lou » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:44 am

Aaaargh. I am now panicking. We had everything ready to submit in January with bank statements etc from a month or so before, however, the revolution in Egypt put a stop to that. We are just ready to submit now but the papers are older than you suggest. Do you think the ECO would exercise some discretion due to the circumstances?

Louby Lou
Newly Registered

Post by Louby Lou » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:51 pm

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether these would be seen as extenuating circumstances?
I know we could redo the entire file to update all the evidence, however, it costs to reorder bank statements etc. And would delay us yet again. Am feeling pretty disheartened today :(

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Were postal services in Egypt suspended and remain so? If not, it may just be seen as an "excuse" for not providing up-to-date information.

Your risk, your call.