ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I qualify under the new rules

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

psw2009
Member of Standing

do i qualify

Post by psw2009 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi,

Do i qualify under above changes?

Job Accountant
Salary 20000 pounds
Working Since One Year with same employer
Current Visa Post Study Work

Thanks alot

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:47 pm

wait and see

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:53 pm

I don't believe you do. You need 24000 for short-term staff or 40,000 for long-term staff.

Unless there is some sort of transitional arrangement for PSW holders already in the UK before April 6th, but I can't find any such thing in the announcement.

psw2009
Member of Standing

imtra

Post by psw2009 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:54 am

but 24000 is for intra company tranasfer for short ternm?

jason23

Post by jason23 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:26 am

jlewisunh wrote:I don't believe you do. You need 24000 for short-term staff or 40,000 for long-term staff.

Unless there is some sort of transitional arrangement for PSW holders already in the UK before April 6th, but I can't find any such thing in the announcement.
This is incorrect, please read through the UKBA website before giving information

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:12 pm

jason23 wrote:
jlewisunh wrote:I don't believe you do. You need 24000 for short-term staff or 40,000 for long-term staff.

This is incorrect, please read through the UKBA website before giving information
i didn't give information. i gave my opinion, as i said 'believe'.

actually, as he said 'under the rules above', which take as the new rules just announced, i still don't think he would. i may be wrong and this is what im trying to figure out in this and another post. so jason, if you know the answer can you please tell? if one has psw already, or before april 6 2011 and are in country, when the time comes for them to switch to tier 2, can you tell me what the requirements are? thanks!

jason23

Post by jason23 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:19 pm

jlewisunh wrote:
jason23 wrote:

actually, as he said 'under the rules above', which take as the new rules just announced, i still don't think he would. i may be wrong and this is what im trying to figure out in this and another post. so jason, if you know the answer can you please tell? if one has psw already, or before april 6 2011 and are in country, when the time comes for them to switch to tier 2, can you tell me what the requirements are? thanks!
According to the latest statement of changes,£20000 is the minimum salary required to apply for a COS.
However, granting of Tier 2 visa will be dependent on your job title and the appropriate salary.

For PSW holders, the document states PSW holders can switch into Tier 2. But they must have worked with their employer for atleast 6 months on a PSW visa, should continue to work in their same position and meet the salary requirements depending on job title.

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:32 pm

jason23 wrote:
jlewisunh wrote:
jason23 wrote:

According to the latest statement of changes,£20000 is the minimum salary required to apply for a COS.
However, granting of Tier 2 visa will be dependent on your job title and the appropriate salary.

For PSW holders, the document states PSW holders can switch into Tier 2. But they must have worked with their employer for atleast 6 months on a PSW visa, should continue to work in their same position and meet the salary requirements depending on job title.
ok, so basically, that doesn't mean there is a salary requirement set in stone, other than the 20k minimum. for instance, if my job title is 'research analyst' for example, the salary req does not have to be 40k pounds to switch into tier 2...it could be 30k for example. you just have to make sure your salary matches the HO's salary list for the jobs they list. correct? that sounds a little easier!

jason23

Post by jason23 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:37 pm

yes you are right.

Don't get confused with the 40k requirement, that is for intra company transfers.. (employees moving to the UK from another location)
They would need a minimum of 40k to stay for longer than 12 months and a minimum of 24k for upto 12 months after which they would be required to leave the UK.

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:39 pm

jason23 wrote:yes you are right.

Don't get confused with the 40k requirement, that is for intra company transfers.. (employees moving to the UK from another location)
They would need a minimum of 40k to stay for longer than 12 months and a minimum of 24k for upto 12 months after which they would be required to leave the UK.
yes. I guess I am just confused because the document released yesterday said nothing concrete about psw holders (current before 6 april) switching in country in the future after their 6 month period ends. thanks a lot jason i appreciate it.

jason23

Post by jason23 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:47 pm

yes. I guess I am just confused because the document released yesterday said nothing concrete about psw holders (current before 6 april) switching in country in the future after their 6 month period ends. thanks a lot jason i appreciate it.[/quote]

You've definitely not read it properly then
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Table 11A on page 41.
Post Study work on page 43
Table 11B on page 45.

psw2009
Member of Standing

approvel

Post by psw2009 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:07 pm

Hi,

Thanks alot for information,

does anyone know when the going to approve these rules.

Thanks

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:12 pm

I'm not having a good week. I'm reading everything out of context. I think it's because of stress. I read it again now and it makes sense, as it does say that one needs 50 points to qualify for tier 2, and 30 points are given for psw with another 20 for the appropriate salary. so, you are well right to point out my embarrassing reading comprehension skills.
Last edited by jlewisunh on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rbk1597

Post by rbk1597 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:45 pm

The appropriate salary part will be determined by the new Codes of practice (currently under review) but I guess they will only affect initial applicants, which means you are highly likely to qualify.

jason23

Post by jason23 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:36 pm

jlewisunh wrote:I'm not having a good week. I'm reading everything out of context. I think it's because of stress. I read it again now and it makes sense, as it does say that one needs 50 points to qualify for tier 2, and 30 points are given for psw with another 20 for the appropriate salary. so, you are well right to point out my embarrassing reading comprehension skills.
Ha ha we all have those days.... On a positive note.. the rules look good at this stage so quite pleased :wink:

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:01 pm

jason23 wrote:
jlewisunh wrote:I'm not having a good week. I'm reading everything out of context. I think it's because of stress. I read it again now and it makes sense, as it does say that one needs 50 points to qualify for tier 2, and 30 points are given for psw with another 20 for the appropriate salary. so, you are well right to point out my embarrassing reading comprehension skills.
Ha ha we all have those days.... On a positive note.. the rules look good at this stage so quite pleased :wink:
Jason one more question. Is it true that psw holders before April 6 2011 still do not have to meet RLMT when they apply for tier 2? Thanks.

jason23

Post by jason23 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:23 pm

jlewisunh wrote:
jason23 wrote:
Jason one more question. Is it true that psw holders before April 6 2011 still do not have to meet RLMT when they apply for tier 2? Thanks.
That was published on the statement of intent, but it hasn't been clarified on this document. I assume a more comprehensive Tier 2 guidance document will be out soon which should explain all detailed queries.... hopefully

psw2009
Member of Standing

do i qualify

Post by psw2009 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:42 am

Hi,

I have asked the below question before as well but i think now rules are much clear and i will have more valuable suggestions.

Can you please let me have your comments if i qualify to apply tier 2 general

Currently on Psw expire in Aug
Working as Accountant with employer more than 6months
ACCA Part 1 Qualified(Appropriate rate is 14K)
Current salary is 20k

your comments much appreciated.

Thanks

psw2009
Member of Standing

anyone please

Post by psw2009 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:26 pm

anyone please??

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:27 pm

Reading the policy guidance should help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!