ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Statement of Changes for ILR Tier1 General eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marya
Newly Registered

Statement of Changes for ILR Tier1 General eligibility

Post by marya » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:34 am

Please clarify for the below.

In Page 11 related to ILR for Tier1 General, the below statement mentions points to be eliible as 75 under paragraphs 7 to 34 of Appendix A. Qualification points are specified in paragraph 3 in Appendix A but the eligible criteria for ILR related to TIER 1 (GENERAL) mentions to get 75 points for rules specified from paragraph 7 to 34

If I go through Appendix A, I see that Qualifications points is not taken into consideration which means no one would be eligible for Settlement as the max points would be as below

Earnings - 45
Previous experience - 20
Age - 5
In total it comes only to 70 points.

(d) if the applicant has or has had leave as a Highly skilled Migrant, a Writer, Composer or artist, a self-employed lawyer or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in place before 19 July 2010, and has not been granted leave in any categories other than these under the rules in place since 19 July 2010, the applicant must have 75 points under paragraphs 7 to 34 of appendix a.

Have I misunderstood anything. If not should we raise this immediately to the HomeOffice

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:37 am

Continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!