ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

baby born outside UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ub4u
Newly Registered

baby born outside UK

Post by ub4u » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:28 pm

One of my friend asked me for my opinion on what they need to do.... I am not sure so asking Guru's on the forum for their opinion

His wife got pregnant in early Jan this year both of them got their ILR in end of Feb, going by normal cycle the baby would born in October they asked me the following questions

1) If they decide to have the baby in UK what would be his/her status ..... As for as I know baby would be British by national

2) As they are thinking about having baby in Pakistan If they decide to go by this option what would be the baby nationality ..... my understanding is Pakistani

2a) they further asked me what type of application they need to make in order to get the baby over to UK (ILR depandant or ILR)?

2b) usually there are flying restrictions on pregnant women when is the last week she can fly? is it 35 or 30 week?

2c) she is also concerned with her nationality as you can only spend 3 months, would she be allowed to stay more say four months, would she still be able to apply for nationality in Feb 2012 if not does she had to spend more time or a complete full year to get nationality

2d) one other option they are considering is leaving the baby with grand parents after the birth and bring it over once the parents get British nationality, will they only have to register the baby, what would be the course of action

2e) can the mother make nationality application along with the baby ouside UK (but she will have only completed 7 months within the country (if she leaves in sept 4 weeks before the brith)

Please list the possible options they can easy follow without too much hurdles from HO.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:05 pm

1. Child born in UK after either parent is granted settlement is British citizen by birth.
2. Not a British citizen.
2a. Child settlement visa
2b. Contact the airlines.
2c. Must meet the requirements of naturalisation at the time of such application.
2d. Registration of minors (born outside UK) as British citizens is not an entitlement, but subject to discretion.
2e. No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ub4u
Newly Registered

Post by ub4u » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:31 am

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum....

thanks for your answers, really helpful