ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it possible to apply from inside UK well in advance

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xleft
- thin ice -

Is it possible to apply from inside UK well in advance

Post by xleft » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:03 am

Hi, this forum is great! Thanks in advance for your valuable comments.

I have quite specific question. I am currently on Post-Study visa inside the UK.

For some strategic reasons, I wanted to understand if it is possible to apply for student visa from inside the UK well in advance before the start of the course. I checked Border Agency site and it looks like I can apply any time I want, as long as it's not longer than 6 months after CAS letter. I am self-employed in family business, so for me it's not a problem to apply well in advance (I can stop working any time and abandon Post Study easily). What I want is peace of mind that I got this new student visa already.

So I wonder can I apply 5-6 months before the start of the course? If application approved, will I immediately get student visa and my Post-Study visa would be scrapped or will I have both visas until the start of the course? Is it possible to do at all?

Thank you very much for your help and advice!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:15 am

No the earliest you can apply is 3 months before your course starts.

See para 24 of the Tier 4 policy guidance.

Once you are granted a Tier 4 visa your PSW visa will no longer be valid.

xleft
- thin ice -

Post by xleft » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:45 pm

Greenie wrote:No the earliest you can apply is 3 months before your course starts.

See para 24 of the Tier 4 policy guidance.

Once you are granted a Tier 4 visa your PSW visa will no longer be valid.
Thank you very much! It was very kind of you to provide direct reference to the document. Thank you! Thank you! Have a nice weekend. :)