ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No response from HO..It's been more than 2 months

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

first_pin
Newly Registered

No response from HO..It's been more than 2 months

Post by first_pin » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:57 pm

I posted my Tier 1 PSW application on 15 Jan and provided biometrics on 5 Feb. Since then, I haven't got any response from the Home Office....It's been more than 1 month from the day I provided the biometrics and more than 2 months from the day I filed my application. Is this waiting time normal? Should I be worried? ....... Are there any way I can check the progress of the application? Any suggestion? Thnx

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:00 am

from what I knw it should take just about a month, this is not unsual but you should try chasing them :)

first_pin
Newly Registered

Post by first_pin » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:10 pm

Thank you for your comments and advice...But do you know how else can I chase them?
I called them, I sent them a letter, I faxed them.... It doesn't seem to work at all; they said they can't do anything if it's still less than 14 weeks from the day I provided my biometrics.
Last edited by first_pin on Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:14 pm

you just have to wait. if they can't make a decision on the day at the PEO then your application can take just as long as it would be if you had applied by post, at the moment generally at least 4 weeks from when you give biometrics.

did they tell you why they couldn't make a decision on the day?

first_pin
Newly Registered

Post by first_pin » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:56 pm

I actually applied by post. I didn't go to the PEO.

Is there anyway else i can request for expedition? It's been more than 11 wks already from the day i posted my application. Any suggestion how should I chase them?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:27 am

Sorry must have misread your first post saying you applied by post.

Its the date you gave your biometrics you should count from. It busy time of year for psw. 4-8 weeks is average at the moment. As stated above you need to be patient.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:14 pm

contact your local MP.

MP's gives UKBA slap on a wrist, on your behalf, saying wtf are you doing with this person application. and force them to put your application on the top of the caseworker's pile!

thats what i would do

first_pin
Newly Registered

Post by first_pin » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:18 pm

Thnk u for your advice. I already informed my local MP of the matter. Hope it works somehow.... I've been waiting for more than 11 weeks already :( ........ If anyone experienced or knows anyone who experienced this before, please do share your experience (ie. what did you do, how long did you wait altogether, and did you know what caused the delay)