ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tedy31
Newly Registered

EEA family permit

Post by tedy31 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Hello, my husband is about to apply for EEA family permit (VAF5 form) and just have few questions to clear out my doubts. First of all I am polish living in UK for over 18 months, working full time bases with permanent contract and payslips for over 12 months (also registered for working registration scheme). My husband is Sri lankan. He came to UK on a student visa in 2009, and stopped attending the college as he wasn't satisfied with it in may 2010 the college send his a letter stating he will no longer be a student and it is a breach of visa agreement. They also send a letter to his work place (in the beginng of June) which resulted in employment termination...
In that time we've already been leaving together (moved in on the 1st of June), however the place we moved in to has been a new built and was awaiting for address registration to finish, so the company renting to us proposed to us to use there address for our corresondence. We as well decided to marry, we applied for COA which has been granted in the beginning of August. But as the lady in Registrar office explained to us, as the address which we provide has to be the address we actually sleeo under they can't give the notice and we can't get married (not to mention that we've writen a leter explaining that situation while applying for a COA and it has been granted to us- as well as explaining that to the lady while making an appointment which said that shouldn't be a problem)...
As during those 3 months of living under the unregistered address the home owner didn't make any serious attempts to change the situation the company with which we rent decided to terminate their contract with him, which resukted in another move... just for a months as my future husbands visa was finishing on the 8th of Sep 2010...
Seeking advice in citizen advice bureau we were informed there's nothing else they can advice for us before we're married... At that time we have already decided if we can't get married in the UK we'll do that in his country Sri Lanka with any family present to our delight (his) I gathered all the documents and wet there in middle January - stayed till the middle of February...(only that much holidays)
We got married on 31 st of Januray... afterwards I had to go back to work and leave him again in Sri Lanka... to be contacting only by skype...:(
Now the story is all said, my questions...
1. I am worried as we're very newly wed they may think it's not a genuine marriage
2. documents:
we have all my payslips - over 12 months - dec 2009- feb 2011 however as we had the address problem all payslips before nov 2010 have my first address...
we have as well all my bank statements for the same period of time however for the time living together the address on the statements is renting company address
we have a letter from my company stating I am a permanent, full time employee, employeed from 23rd Dec 2009 with salary of 15000 Kpa... - as well as my contract - this is what worries me as well - even though I am working full time my salary is not of highest - only 1050-1200 per month, but allows me to save at least 400 per month...
we have as well a letter from my landlord stating he agrees for my husband to stay with me in my accomodation, I am recently renting a double room - as just for me it's sufficient, however when my husband comes we plan to move to a flat...
of course the marriage certificate a certified translation
copy of my passport (photo page) and of course a covering letter for me explaining how we met and all the story...
What else is needed from us??
And how long will it take for him to be able to come??

Estera
Newly Registered

Re: EEA family permit

Post by Estera » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:51 am

tedy31 wrote:Hello, my husband is about to apply for EEA family permit (VAF5 form) and just have few questions to clear out my doubts. First of all I am polish living in UK for over 18 months, working full time bases with permanent contract and payslips for over 12 months (also registered for working registration scheme). My husband is Sri lankan. He came to UK on a student visa in 2009, and stopped attending the college as he wasn't satisfied with it in may 2010 the college send his a letter stating he will no longer be a student and it is a breach of visa agreement. They also send a letter to his work place (in the beginng of June) which resulted in employment termination...
In that time we've already been leaving together (moved in on the 1st of June), however the place we moved in to has been a new built and was awaiting for address registration to finish, so the company renting to us proposed to us to use there address for our corresondence. We as well decided to marry, we applied for COA which has been granted in the beginning of August. But as the lady in Registrar office explained to us, as the address which we provide has to be the address we actually sleeo under they can't give the notice and we can't get married (not to mention that we've writen a leter explaining that situation while applying for a COA and it has been granted to us- as well as explaining that to the lady while making an appointment which said that shouldn't be a problem)...
As during those 3 months of living under the unregistered address the home owner didn't make any serious attempts to change the situation the company with which we rent decided to terminate their contract with him, which resukted in another move... just for a months as my future husbands visa was finishing on the 8th of Sep 2010...
Seeking advice in citizen advice bureau we were informed there's nothing else they can advice for us before we're married... At that time we have already decided if we can't get married in the UK we'll do that in his country Sri Lanka with any family present to our delight (his) I gathered all the documents and wet there in middle January - stayed till the middle of February...(only that much holidays)
We got married on 31 st of Januray... afterwards I had to go back to work and leave him again in Sri Lanka... to be contacting only by skype...:(
Now the story is all said, my questions...
1. I am worried as we're very newly wed they may think it's not a genuine marriage
2. documents:
we have all my payslips - over 12 months - dec 2009- feb 2011 however as we had the address problem all payslips before nov 2010 have my first address...
we have as well all my bank statements for the same period of time however for the time living together the address on the statements is renting company address
we have a letter from my company stating I am a permanent, full time employee, employeed from 23rd Dec 2009 with salary of 15000 Kpa... - as well as my contract - this is what worries me as well - even though I am working full time my salary is not of highest - only 1050-1200 per month, but allows me to save at least 400 per month...
we have as well a letter from my landlord stating he agrees for my husband to stay with me in my accomodation, I am recently renting a double room - as just for me it's sufficient, however when my husband comes we plan to move to a flat...
of course the marriage certificate a certified translation
copy of my passport (photo page) and of course a covering letter for me explaining how we met and all the story...
What else is needed from us??
And how long will it take for him to be able to come??
hi

first of all dnt worry just make sure u provide some bills like mobile or skype showing contact between 2 of you since you left the Sri Lanka, I'm polish citizen too my husband is ghanian he was an overstayer for 6 years in UK after his student visa expired basically he was ilegally here and we get married in Ghana he was granted EEA family permit within 3 days only.!

the point is if you are working and exercising treaty rights have place to liove they cant refuse you ur visa.so cheer up

ha! Dnt forget to legalise copy of your passport in the polish consulate in London
thats all
good luck!

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi tedy31,

First of all, you shouldn't have told the registrar you lived in an apartment with no address or should have gone to another registery and keep whatever address you use and not go into details. You only own the ukba explaination and I guess they accepted it.

I don't think they will think its not genuine if you prove it to them, one being you went almost to the end of the world to marry and I don't think Sri Lanka is a tourist destination for you to go on holiday. Show them about 5-10 pictures of you 2 at different time and write the dates at the back including during your wedding. If you've got contract mobie phone, send them your phone record/statement, that shows call and text at different periods, probably back to when you met, that will show proof of communication between you both. You can also print emails you sent eachother and it as to show date, time and both email addresses.

Its good you've got 12 months pay slips and bank statements but I think you only need to send the last 3 months.

I don't think your earning will be a problem, you don't have to move into a flat if you can't afford it. You just have to show you've got a least a room for yourself and husband.

As for ID I think you'll have to send your husband original ID if he's applying from Sri Lanka. I think you'll have to send him original document only including every certified traslated documents.

They've got maximum 6 months to issue your husband a RC.

I think you might need to seed other stuffs that includes both your names like gas/electricity bill, anythink to showyou leaved together even tesco clab card may help.

Hope this helps
[Moderator Edit]

tedy31
Newly Registered

Post by tedy31 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:40 pm

thanks guys... that actually clears a lot as this address thing is a bit complicated and wanted to avoid mentioning it as it may confuse them....
Anyway just have a few more questions... For instance what to put in the dates.... I read a few posts from John and he said he's always advicing to put 3 months in the column for how long you're gonna stay in the UK and leave the space for when you're gonna leave uk blank.... Is that how it should be done??

tedy31
Newly Registered

Post by tedy31 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:41 pm

Estera dziekuje,
I hope my case will be as smooth as yours... miss my husband sooo much!!!
WIsh you all the best :)