ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child born in UK but stayed most of her time in india..

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit33_99
Newly Registered

child born in UK but stayed most of her time in india..

Post by amit33_99 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:49 am

I have got a baby girl born in UK in 2008 and spent most of her time in India.. she is here since Nov 2010. I am eligible to apply for ILR in May this year. Can I exclude her from ILR and directly register her as citizen after we get our ILR. Is there any requirement for her to stay in UK for certain time to be eligible to be registered as citizen.

Amit

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:48 am

As soon as you have your ILR, given the child was born in the UK, there is an entitlement for the child to be Registered as British, under section 1(3). No UKBA discretion involved.

The only conditions for section 1(3) are that one or both parents are now "settled" in the UK ... for example you getting your ILR ... and that the child was born in the UK prior to you becoming "settled". That is it, no other conditions, well apart from needing to pay the application fee!
John