ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eu citizen still jobless after 6 months

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kilode_na
Newly Registered

eu citizen still jobless after 6 months

Post by kilode_na » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:27 am

I am an eu citizen and still looking for work after 6 months in an eu country.
What are the implications for me? Would I be kicked out after this? Can i just instead show that i have sufficient recourses to finance myself and hence not have to depend on being a worker any more?
Or can I just register in school to show exercising eu rights?
I already have my certificate of registration but my spouse is third country national and waiting for their card.
If we decide to move else where to another eu country, will this be ok or will we have problems as it shows that we have already applied in another eu country?
Regards

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Which country are you in and where are you from originaly? Have you been actively looking for work? Why do you think you have not found work?

You do not have to have a specific job. You can work at McDonalds. Or work for the city cleaning up parks. Or work as a delivery driver. As long as it is paid real work, it counts. It does not need to be full time work - it can be part time.