ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eu citizen still jobless after 6 months looking for work

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kilode_na
Newly Registered

eu citizen still jobless after 6 months looking for work

Post by kilode_na » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:11 pm

I am an eu citizen and still looking for work after 6 months in an eu country.
What are the implications for me? Would I be kicked out after this? Can i just instead show that i have sufficient recourses to finance myself and hence not have to depend on being a worker any more?
Or can I just register in school to show exercising eu rights?
I already have my certificate of registration but my spouse is third country national and waiting for their card.
If we decide to move else where to another eu country, will this be ok or will we have problems as it shows that we have already applied in another eu country?
Regards

mcovet
BANNED

Re: eu citizen still jobless after 6 months looking for work

Post by mcovet » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:45 pm

I am an eu citizen and still looking for work after 6 months in an eu country.

What are the implications for me? Would I be kicked out after this?
Applying the situation to the UK. Have you registered as a jobseeker with your local job centre? This would make you a "qualified person" under Reg. 6(1)(a). If so, you are entitled to remain in the UK so long as you have a genuine chance of finding employment. Potentially you are looking at the exclusion under Regulation 19(3)(a) of the 2006 Regs. However! There is no automatic right to ask you to leave at the 6 month stage! Reg.19(4). Register with the unemployment office and seek work, I have not personally heard of anyone being removed from the UK, especially an EEA national.

Can i just instead show that i have sufficient recourses to finance myself and hence not have to depend on being a worker any more?
Or can I just register in school to show exercising eu rights?
for both of those above you need to have comprehensive sickness insurance for yourself AND your wife! but that's if you feel you may not find a job soon, or haven't registered as unemployed and thus be deemed a job seeker.

I already have my certificate of registration but my spouse is third country national and waiting for their card.
If we decide to move else where to another eu country, will this be ok or will we have problems as it shows that we have already applied in
no bearing whatsoever

kilode_na
Newly Registered

Post by kilode_na » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:02 am

Thanks for your contribution. As regards the last part of my message, i am sorry it dint make any sense. i did not realize as I was really stressed when typing the question.
The question is my partner is currently applying for their residence card and its taking a lot of time to process. The application is now more than 6 months pending. At the same time its a bit over 6 months now and I have not secured a job as i was trying to set up business with my partner. Maybe we should start all over again or maybe we should just move to another eu country where business is more favorable. By the way we are in eastern Europe..
Regards