ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

timeline to apply for british citizenship after ilr

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rhian123
Newly Registered

timeline to apply for british citizenship after ilr

Post by rhian123 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi just a quick question if someone can answer for me please!!! My husband came to britain in feb 08 as my husband, ILR was granted march31 10 can we apply for citizenship now or have to wait until ILR has been a year he has already been here longer than three years . Many thanks in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Assuming you are a British citizen:

If he entered UK for the first time in Feb. 08, then he cannot apply for naturalisation before the 3rd anniversary of the date of entry in Feb. 08.
Last edited by geriatrix on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rhian123
Newly Registered

Post by rhian123 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:39 pm

sushdmehta wrote:If he entered UK for the first time in Feb. 08, then he cannot apply for naturalisation before the 3rd anniversary of the date of entry in Feb. 08.

Thank you for your quick reply, yes he entered UK in feb 08 and ILR was granted march 10' so think as long as he has been here for minimum of three years then we are safe to apply? I had it in my head that for some reason we had to wait for a year after ILR but think I'm just going crazy over dates, many thanks