ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New ILR Rule - Points for Bachelor Degree on Tier 1?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kenfrapin

New ILR Rule - Points for Bachelor Degree on Tier 1?

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:33 pm

Hi All,

Just read the proposal of new ILR Rules for Tier 1 Migrant from April 6th 2011 as per Table 2 states

* An applicant will be awarded no points for a Bachelor’s degree if:
(a) his last grant of entry clearance was as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in place
between 31 March 2009 and 5 April 2010, or
(b) (i) he has had leave to remain as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in place
between 31 March 2009 and 5 April 2010, and
(ii) his previous entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain before that leave was
not as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist, as a Self-employed
Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant

I was granted Tier 1 for 3 years on April 9th 2009 and when I applied in March 2009, points were awarded for Bachelor's Degree so I dont think I fall in this bracket. Though I got it stamped on April 9th 2009 AFTER the new rules were in effect, I was eligible under the previous rules when points were awarded for Bachelor's Degree.

Will be really relieved if someone can clarify if my understanding is correct and this rule is only meant for those who got Tier 1 with Masters degree as min qualification requirement

Thanks
KP

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:07 am

If you applied for Tier 1 (General) before 31-Mar-09, you are fine.

For further queries on the matter, continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!