ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependant Study

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hrayrd

Tier 1 dependant Study

Post by hrayrd » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:14 am

Hello,
Quick question please.
I have Tier 1 visa, my fiancee(who will be my wife soon) has just got offer from UK university.
So i am wondering - if she applies for Tier 1 dependent visa, can she study with that visa in the university, or she needs only Study Visa....

Thank you in advance

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 dependant Study

Post by cheshiregoan » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:30 pm

hrayrd wrote:Hello,
Quick question please.
I have Tier 1 visa, my fiancee(who will be my wife soon) has just got offer from UK university.
So i am wondering - if she applies for Tier 1 dependent visa, can she study with that visa in the university, or she needs only Study Visa....

Thank you in advance
There are no restrictions to whether a Tier 1 dependent or even the holder can study or not, so your wife will not have any problems. For further clarification and also to be safe, you can also ask the University so you have it in writing as well.

The added bonus of being the Tier 1 dependent will be that there is no restriction for her to work or even be a director in a company (if you are self-employed).
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.