ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 holder father

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aaa123
BANNED

Tier 1 holder father

Post by aaa123 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi,

I hold tier 1 (G) and wondering if I become father in the UK then will I have to apply for baby's visa?

Or if I become father in my native country will I need to apply for baby's visa in order to accompany?

Also, just a general query: If someone holding ILR and then baby is born then will baby get ILR status or will be given citizen rights (passport)??

Thanks

gabby

Post by gabby » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:39 pm

If you have a baby when holding Tier 1 (general), the baby is your dependant and therefore needs a leave to remain (if born in UK) or entry clearance (if born outside UK).

If you have ILR your baby qualifies immediately to be registered as British citizen. But remember in all cases you have to prove the paternity of the baby.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 holder father

Post by geriatrix » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:44 pm

aaa123 wrote:I hold tier 1 (G) and wondering if I become father in the UK then will I have to apply for baby's visa?
See child born in the UK
aaa123 wrote:Or if I become father in my native country will I need to apply for baby's visa in order to accompany?
Entry clearance as dependant of PBS migrant.
aaa123 wrote:Also, just a general query: If someone holding ILR and then baby is born then will baby get ILR status or will be given citizen rights (passport)??
Child born in the UK after either parent has been granted settlement is British by birth. And an application for a British passport can me made for the child.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

aaa123
BANNED

Post by aaa123 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:10 pm

If you have ILR your baby qualifies immediately to be registered as British citizen. But remember in all cases you have to prove the paternity of the baby.[/quote]

A couple of things:

If baby gets registered as British Citizen then will we need to apply for british passport as usual i.e 1 year spending on ilr??

Also, what documents will be required for proof of paternity to child?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:22 pm

Birth certificate
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:40 pm

aaa123 wrote:If baby gets registered as British Citizen then will we need to apply for british passport as usual i.e 1 year spending on ilr???
There is no compulsion to apply for British citizenship for yourself because of the nationality of your child. So if you so choose, you could retain your current nationality while your child is a British citizen.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.