ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"headed" payslips, but on the other side?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nafe12

"headed" payslips, but on the other side?

Post by nafe12 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:07 am

The guidance says that payslips should be on company headed paper (if not stamped/signed).

I work for a big institution, who uses a fancy-security form of payslip.

Essentially it's an envelope, which you rip open the sides, and open out the envelope. The payslip data is on the inside. However, the company header is on the other side.

Do you think this will suffice - given the company 'header' is physically attached to the payslip, but just on the reverse side? Or will I likely have trouble...?

Thanks!

nafe12

Post by nafe12 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:45 am

Actually, I guess the question is more what constitutes a Formal Payslip.??

The guidance states:
Payslips: These should be either formal payslips or on company headed paper. Where formal payslips are produced on plain paper they must be stamped and signed by the employer. Payslips which are not on headed paper or if the applicant receives all pay slips online, he/she must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout.
Any thoughts about 'formal' payslips that are produced on other, special paper (e.g. with the company logo on the reverse)?
Last edited by nafe12 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

antony

Post by antony » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:40 am

nafe12 wrote:Actually, I guess the question is more what constitutes a Formal Payslip.??

The guidance states:
Payslips: These should be either formal payslips or on company headed paper. Where formal payslips are produced on plain paper they must be stamped and signed by the employer. Payslips which are not on headed paper or if the applicant receives all pay slips online, he/she must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout.
What about 'formal' payslips that are produced on other, special paper (e.g. with the company logo on the reverse)?
Typically if its a UK payslip, this should be of standard format with all details (comp name, NI number, tax band, employee number, empl name, tax paid till date, gross amount, net amount and much more details etc...) which should suffice.

Not sure of the 'Formal' payslips OR special paper.
If the opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

nafe12

Post by nafe12 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:38 am

Typically if its a UK payslip, this should be of standard format with all details (comp name, NI number, tax band, employee number, empl name, tax paid till date, gross amount, net amount and much more details etc...) which should suffice.
Thanks for that. Unfortunately the company name/logo is on the other side of the payslip. And nobody in payroll has a stamp :( Fingers crossed.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:31 pm

nafe12 wrote:Thanks for that. Unfortunately the company name/logo is on the other side of the payslip. And nobody in payroll has a stamp :( Fingers crossed.
That isn't a problem because these are your formal payslips. Besides, you have to provide a contact in case they wish to verify, so if the Home Office doubts it, they will contact your employer to double check.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

nafe12

Post by nafe12 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:15 pm

Besides, you have to provide a contact in case they wish to verify, so if the Home Office doubts it, they will contact your employer to double check.
Thanks for that. Being paranoid, I always assume that the application will be dismissed on a technicality (e.g. the payslip isn't 'headed' with the company name, but on the other side).

It's reassuring to think that extra enquiries will be made when in doubt. :)