ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transferring OCI to minor's passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolshades
Newly Registered

Transferring OCI to minor's passport

Post by coolshades » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:48 am

Hi,

have a 10 year old and am trying to transfer the OCI visa to his new British passport.

can anyone please confirm if this is required because the HCI London site states one can carry the old passport along with the new one.

secondly, when i am trying to fill in the online form with the details of passport number, OCI number date of birth etc, i am getting a message that the information submitted does not match database.

the date of birth, place of birth, mother's name are straight forward.

does there need to be a hyphen after U or A for the U Visa number? and A number?

thks and will appreciate prompt responses.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: Transferring OCI to minor's passport

Post by cheshiregoan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:34 pm

coolshades wrote:Hi,

have a 10 year old and am trying to transfer the OCI visa to his new British passport.

can anyone please confirm if this is required because the HCI London site states one can carry the old passport along with the new one.

secondly, when i am trying to fill in the online form with the details of passport number, OCI number date of birth etc, i am getting a message that the information submitted does not match database.

the date of birth, place of birth, mother's name are straight forward.

does there need to be a hyphen after U or A for the U Visa number? and A number?

thks and will appreciate prompt responses.
Typically with any visa, as long as you carry the passport on which the visa has been stamped along with your valid passport it is not a problem with immigration.

The only benefit transferring your visa stamp to a new passport has is that you do not need to carry multiple booklets.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.