ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Same Day ILR Service?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kenfrapin

Same Day ILR Service?

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:05 pm

Hi,

May I know if one can apply for the Same Day Service if
1. Stay outside UK is slightly over 180 days but never 90 days at a stretch
2. Based on EXISTING rules, had a Speeding Ticket and Court Fine given

Also, as per current rules do we need to declare speeding fine as a Criminal conviction?

Thanks
KP

xyz123

Re: Same Day ILR Service?

Post by xyz123 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:26 pm

kenfrapin wrote:Hi,

May I know if one can apply for the Same Day Service if
1. Stay outside UK is slightly over 180 days but never 90 days at a stretch
2. Based on EXISTING rules, had a Speeding Ticket and Court Fine given

Also, as per current rules do we need to declare speeding fine as a Criminal conviction?

Thanks
KP
With regards to applying for ILR based on SET(O) or SE(M) anyone can apply for same day service. However if due to your circumstances (e.g. over 180 days absence without any evidance of requirement) may mean that case worker would tell you that the applicaiton can not be decided on the day and you will be sent back home to wait for an outcome.

Same goes for criminial conviction. in principle same day service is same as postal application and most important thing is taht the applicant meets all criterias. For same day you pay extra for quick decision while postal takes longer.

Regarding declaring speedng, i am not sure. Search the forum and you may be able to find the answer.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:41 pm

Thanks xyz,

When I applied for Tier 1 I had not declared Speeding Fine as Criminal Conviction. I also remember asking around and Speeding is only a traffic offence (under certain limit of course).
As there was no 'conviction' given in the literal sense of the word, I left it out as it did not equate to a Criminal Conviction and my Tier 1 was granted within 4 weeks with no hassles.

So if the rules do not change, I still stand by not declaring speeding as Criminal Conviction - the checks they carry out are similar to Tier 1 and my Tier 1 went through. Of course, if new rules come in post April 6th then its a different story :-(

KP