ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Education points....20 or 22?? Pls advise...

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anishpadela

Education points....20 or 22?? Pls advise...

Post by anishpadela » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:13 pm

Hi....

I have applied for Canada Immigration in Nov 2004....I have total 17 years of education.....10+2 years till secondry, 3 years graduate degree in Bachlor of Science and 2 years Post graduate Diploma in Business Management....How many points I will get??? I have claimed 22....Will it be OK?? Please reply...My current tally of points is Education:22, Experience: 21, Age:10 and Languagae:14...total 67 exactly as cut-off...

Anis

Dominion
Newly Registered

Post by Dominion » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:57 pm

You seem to have 22 points. However, if you Post graduate Diploma in Business Management is equivalent to a Master Degree in Canada, you might claim 25 since you have 17 years of education.

Remember is the visa officer the one who awards the points regardless of you assessment. Also, you can increase your points by improving your language marks, improve the score for the first language, and learn the second official language at least to the basic level.

D.