ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings on self employment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

achellap

Earnings on self employment

Post by achellap » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:06 pm

hi there,

i have already made my TIER 1 application last week , but before applying i had £6000 in my business account , this amount is includes the earnings i had shown to home office , my accountant says it has to be transferred to personnel account before we had applied the visa , so will this be a problem for me earn points on earnings?

teddy0409

Post by teddy0409 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Are you showing as a self employed (sole-trader) or Limited Company ?

If you are a sole-trader then you can keep the net profit with in the business account (Do not require to transfer across to your personal bank account)

Ref: Tier 1 (General) Policy Guidance version 12/2010 Updated 23 December 2010 Page 26

Self-employed earnings within a business or company structure:
If an applicant has worked in a self-employed capacity in his/her own business or company structure and has chosen to keep his/her earnings within the business or company, he/she could provide:
business or company accounts that meet • statutory requirements and show the net profit made for the earnings period claimed; and
personal/business bank statements.•
If the applicant is not the sole shareholder of the company he/she should also provide:
a letter from his/her accountant confirming • his/her shareholding and the proportion of net profit before tax to which he/she is entitled for the earnings period claimed.
If Not We, Then Who?

achellap

Post by achellap » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:29 pm

i am working a as a sole trador , so i hope this wont be an issue i beleive

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:15 am

What does that mean, "business or company accounts that meet statutory requirements" ??

I'm so confused as to whether it's worth opening a separate business account to declare SE earnings (working as an HMRC registered sole-trader), and whether I need to get an accountant...

:(

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Earnings on self employment

Post by aliq09 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:43 pm

achellap wrote:hi there,

i have already made my TIER 1 application last week , but before applying i had £6000 in my business account , this amount is includes the earnings i had shown to home office , my accountant says it has to be transferred to personnel account before we had applied the visa , so will this be a problem for me earn points on earnings?

Hi ,

IMO, it should go to your personal account to count as earning . Hope for the best ....
Thanks

Ali

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:44 pm

katwmn6 wrote:What does that mean, "business or company accounts that meet statutory requirements" ??

I'm so confused as to whether it's worth opening a separate business account to declare SE earnings (working as an HMRC registered sole-trader), and whether I need to get an accountant...

:(

Hi ,

You need both mate! just to be on clear green edge .

Thanks
Thanks

Ali

bango

Post by bango » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:39 pm

@ali.
Please dont confuse the original poster if you are not sure.

@O/P= You dont need 2 accounts. If you are a sole trader then u can either show business account or personal account as you are personally liable for profit/loss of ur trade.
The guidance you have mentioned above is applicable for someone running a limited company. Good luck.