ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iceCold

Visit visa query

Post by iceCold » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:07 pm

Hi,
My mother will be applying for visitors visa in another 2 months. I live with my wife in a 1 bedroom flat (plus living room) in London. Both the bedroom and the living room size are above the required sq.ft mentioned in the Housing act, which means 3 can live in the house. As per rules, I am OK here.
But I have read about a few rejections on this board based on overcrowding. Even though I am well within the rules, is it risky to show a 1 bedroom flat as accomodation proof? It does not make sense for me to move to a larger home because she will be staying with us for only about 3-4 weeks. Having said that , dont want to disappoint her by spoiling her UK summer holiday chances. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.