ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new born visa (Tier 1 Gen Dep.)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

msvayani

new born visa (Tier 1 Gen Dep.)

Post by msvayani » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi All

I recently contacted HO regarding supporting document for my new born son's visa application (within UK) and they advised me to send following documents with application.

1. PBS Dependent Form (Dec 2010 Version)
2. Child passport
3. Child Original Birth Certificate
4. 2 passport size photograph
5. My (main applicant) bank statement (last 3 months) for maintenance fund
6. My (main applicant) Original passport

I just want to know if it is necessary to send my (main applicant's) original passport or can I send certified copies as I want to avoid any lost in delivery In case....... as we all know it has happened with several peoples in past

Also do I need to send any other document such as marriage certificate, employer letter, accomodation doc, payslips etc. (As HO didn't ask)

your help is much appreciated.

Regards

MSV

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: new born visa (Tier 1 Gen Dep.)

Post by cheshiregoan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:05 pm

msvayani wrote:Hi All

I recently contacted HO regarding supporting document for my new born son's visa application (within UK) and they advised me to send following documents with application.

1. PBS Dependent Form (Dec 2010 Version)
2. Child passport
3. Child Original Birth Certificate
4. 2 passport size photograph
5. My (main applicant) bank statement (last 3 months) for maintenance fund
6. My (main applicant) Original passport

I just want to know if it is necessary to send my (main applicant's) original passport or can I send certified copies as I want to avoid any lost in delivery In case....... as we all know it has happened with several peoples in past

Also do I need to send any other document such as marriage certificate, employer letter, accomodation doc, payslips etc. (As HO didn't ask)

your help is much appreciated.

Regards

MSV
You could always go for an in person appointment or include pre-paid envelopes for return of documents because unfortunately you do need to include all originals unless they are not with you, in which case you have to provide the reason why they are not with you.

As for all other documents, they are not required. Your maintenance funds demonstrate your ability to support the child without using public funds, payslips are not needed as you are not claiming points and marriage certificate has no relevance towards you being the child's parent.

As an aside, you do know that if you are not travelling outside the UK in the near future, you don't need a visa for the baby, so if your personal circumstances allow it, you can wait till your own extension or ILR application to get your son a visa.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

msvayani

Post by msvayani » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:26 pm

Thanks for your clear advice cheshiregoan.