ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS-Sending application to HO

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gidoc

NCS-Sending application to HO

Post by gidoc » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi all,
Need some advise please
1.1 yr post ILR period completes on 6/04/11
2.NCS will see me on 6/04/11( only takes in application on or after qualifying period)
3.NCS will send application next day, says it takes 1-3 days to reach HO.
4. I need the application to reach HO on or before 12/04/11, as I went on holiday on 12/04/06 and was present in UK on that day.

Q: Can I request NCS to send application by special delivery, it appears they send it by recorded delivery.
I do have four working days after 6 /04 for HO to get the application. Is this ok?
Thanks
Best wishes

allta

Re: NCS-Sending application to HO

Post by allta » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:36 am

gidoc wrote:Hi all,
Need some advise please
1.1 yr post ILR period completes on 6/04/11
2.NCS will see me on 6/04/11( only takes in application on or after qualifying period)
3.NCS will send application next day, says it takes 1-3 days to reach HO.
4. I need the application to reach HO on or before 12/04/11, as I went on holiday on 12/04/06 and was present in UK on that day.

Q: Can I request NCS to send application by special delivery, it appears they send it by recorded delivery.
I do have four working days after 6 /04 for HO to get the application. Is this ok?
Thanks
Best wishes
I would send using special delivery on the 6th of April which will definitely reach HO on the 7th. Also, postal applications seem to be quicker these days than those via NCS.

Best of luck

Allta
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

london2009uk

Post by london2009uk » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:26 pm

My personal experience and opinion:

1) postal application was quicker compared to NCS
2) Initially tried to apply through NCS but i was asked unwanted documents and provided inaccurate information.
3) Joint application: It is possible to apply jointly if the spouse spent 5 years with the any combination of visas ex:(2 years student visa + 2 years spouse Visa + 1 year ILR)

Many thanks i got more accurate and good info from ImmigrationBoard Moderators and senior members compared to NCS staff!!!!!

Guys keep up the good work!!!

Regards

chunkybeefsoup

Post by chunkybeefsoup » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:43 pm

The NCS in our area use Special Delivery next day before 1pm

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:34 pm

london2009uk wrote:My personal experience and opinion:

1) postal application was quicker compared to NCS
the above is your speculation as you didn't send 2 lot of applications using 2 methods, did you?

I used postal application for me and OH and it took 17 days to get approval letter delivered. I couln't justify paying NCS fees.
But when I applied for kids, I used NCS and it took 18 days to get approval letter. This time I opted for NCS as had too much "precious" documents to risk losing them somewhere in the post.

london2009uk

Post by london2009uk » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:49 pm

I agree with UKPL postal application are faster and my application was successful through post in 17 days.

I dont think there is any justification to pay NCS and wait for longer period costing more with inaccurate info and demanding irrelevant documents. (except getting original documents back in case of NCS)

It would be good idea to send the "precious" documents through special delivery and also sending prepaid special delivery envelope to receive documents back.

london2009uk

Post by london2009uk » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Hi UKPL,

Its not speculation i checked the forum and people applied through NCS in 3rd week February still waiting for the reply.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:57 pm

I see no reason why postal applications are quicker than NCS.Once the application reaches HO it should take equal amount of time, as demonstrated by ukpl.
Using NCS has one distinct advantage, that I get my passport in hand and I can use it to travel, which is what I need.
I checked with NCS, they do use special delivery and will give me a tracking number.
They said they only needed passports and LIUK test results and nothing else.
Hence I booked an appointment, paying £45, to have your passport is worth it, IMHO.
Best wishes