ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement - Settlement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Iman230

English Language Requirement - Settlement

Post by Iman230 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:32 pm

I am due to apply for Settlement to join my Husband in the UK shortly and I have previously completed an IELTS certification in my home country (Outside of the EU) in 2009 with a score of 5.0 overall.

Q) Will the Entry Clearance Officer accept this Certificate as part of the new English Language requirement introduced by English Law in November of last year.

Also (Making Note) to the fact that according to the British Council an overall score of 5.0 exceeds the A1 Common European Framework as detailed in the attached document declaration form,

BUT what I ultimately wanted to know whether there is a validity period for the IELTS certificate even though parts 1 and 2 of my question are suffice, or will I have to re-take the test or even be re-assessed for it.

See below

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e-partners

iceman010899

Post by iceman010899 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Hi,

As long as in the A1 framework , yes. Ielts is valid. The link you have has all the info.

Iman230

Post by Iman230 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:45 pm

iceman010899 wrote:Hi,

As long as in the A1 framework , yes. Ielts is valid. The link you have has all the info.
What I ask is, does the certificate have a validity period, or can be produced again for purpose of settlement, or can it be provided without expiry date.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:28 pm

Iman230 wrote:
iceman010899 wrote:Hi,

What I ask is, does the certificate have a validity period, or can be produced again for purpose of settlement, or can it be provided without expiry date.
Most of these certificates are valid for 2 years - does it not say on the certificate itself
pennyless

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:44 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Shoaib82
Newly Registered

Post by Shoaib82 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:59 pm

Ielts certificate is only valid for 2 years, if your certificate is over 2 years old than you would have to re-take the test.

Iman230

Post by Iman230 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:23 am

Yes,

it looks like my spouse is resigned to the fact that she will be required to take another English IELTS test. This reminds me of a Car Theory test, where the test expires after a set time. Hopefully this will be the last time she takes it, and then she has bigger fish to fry when she takes the KOL test in a few years time.

Thanks for all your help - Please feel free to answer my other questions I have authored.