ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BNO

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abbas
Newly Registered

BNO

Post by abbas » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:30 pm

guys i am new user and hope that u will guide me to best of your knowledge regarding BNO passport holder.My Question is:

I Got BNO passport and i am studying in Uk for last Five years, and i want to know that can i apply for british national or citizanship. Please reply. :arrow: :D

JAJ
Australia

Re: BNO

Post by JAJ » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:07 am

abbas wrote: I Got BNO passport and i am studying in Uk for last Five years, and i want to know that can i apply for british national or citizanship. Please reply.
Short answer: no.

Longer answer: If you can get a work permit or HSMP, and accumulate 5 years in the UK in this capacity, then you can get permanent residence (ILR).

And if you have permanent residence for 1 year, and have lived in the UK for 5 years in total, then you can apply for registration as a British citizen (this is simpler than naturalisation). You need ILR before you can think about British citizenship on this basis.

Are you also a Chinese citizen?

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:30 pm

What does BNO stands for?

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:32 pm

sohail akhter wrote:What does BNO stands for?
British National (Overseas) - status created to enable British Dependent Territories citizens connected with Hong Kong to continue to hold British passports after HK's handover to China in 1997. Had to be applied for before 30 June 1997.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

abbas
Newly Registered

Need to educate

Post by abbas » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:42 am

Guys to raise Question is only to educate people to Know About BNO as people got blur image and think BNO is Useless in a way. And no one addresses any questions regarding that. SO who every is participating are highly appreciated and i am thankful to them.

abbas
Newly Registered

Residant Permat

Post by abbas » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:47 am

I am in this country for 5 years as a student and been granted visas to live here as a student, So is there any govern body for can give me advise via e-mail or phone as i tried home office hotline and they are always busy. So where i can get in detailed inforamtion regarding permanant resident and ya i got right to abode in hong kong and i was bron in Hong kong.

Is Residant permit easy to get?< and what r the duration of this visa(as much as i can or time limit)