ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is anyone working in media?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dieguch
Newly Registered

Is anyone working in media?

Post by dieguch » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:57 am

Hi, I am new in this forum. So here is my situation. Hope anyone can help me on this! :)

I'm a graphic designer from South America and I'm trying to get a job related to Motion Graphics, Broadcasting design or Video postproduction.

Because I don't have EU passport I'll need a work permit (TIER 2) to be eligible to work in the UK. Which means, I need a company to support my visa.

I've read that the UK border agency is helping companies in many aspects due to the shortage of people related with this field of expertise. So basically is easy to bring people overseas to fill this area. Please see the following links for more information:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/emplo ... ationlist/

The official list (please see the code 3434) http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... onlist.pdf

My situation:

At the beginning, I started to send my CV to HR recruitment agencies but I've realized that it doesn't make sense, because most of them are looking people who are eligible to work in the UK.

Then, I started to send lot of CV in order to apply directly to companies such as: creative agencies, broadcasting companies and digital agencies, but I don't see any results.

I have strong experience in broadcasting industry and creative agencies for more than 9 years working as a digital designer and After Effects Animator. I have many skills in team management, creative process and more. I am Spanish native speaker and I am fluent in English as well.

Does anybody have any experience in this area?

Does anybody know any company who is hiring people in this field of expertise?

Advice, are more than welcome! :-)

gussy
Newly Registered

Post by gussy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:48 pm

Creative industries are especially difficult. The Tier 2 requires a Resident Labor Market Test and any employment would require a legitimate reason to why a European national could not fill the job.

I am a graphic designer at a creative agency and it is extremely difficult and does not look good with the recent changes.