ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employed and Salaried

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mihou
Newly Registered

Self Employed and Salaried

Post by Mihou » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi,
I am applying for my hsmp by the end of March, I have 2 employements and a self employed job. I contacted an accountant to deal with my self employment account but he was asking me for my other 2 jobs' earnings. I just want to know whether he is supposed to deal only with my selfemployed documents or he needs to do EVERYTHING. thank you for your reply

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Only the self-employed bit.

And, HSMP closed in 2008.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

KDS
BANNED

Post by KDS » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:46 pm

For self emplyment tax, U have to declare ur other incomes as HMRC decide ur tax on how much ur total income. Even though ur employment wages are already taxed. So give it to him.

dreamer86

Post by dreamer86 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:11 pm

heyllo mihou,
some people dont explain properly in forum. they say indirectly and thts bit confuse to understang.

there is no more HSMP. instead it is called Tier 1 General. as you know that this will close from 5th april 2011.

yes, you have to give him earning source form other income aswell so that he can calculate total amount is correct or not that you are claiming.
about self-employment, he'll make profit and loss account . you have to send p/l aswell as accountants cover letter.

make sure your accountant is real.

teddy0409

Post by teddy0409 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:51 am

I have 2 employments and a self employed job

I just want to know whether he is supposed to deal only with my selfemployed documents or he needs to do EVERYTHING

Yes, you are required to handover your Self employment and your employment income, Your accountant will summarize your entire income in his letter, but will give profit and loss statement for Self Employment earning.

Even though this is not a mandatory requirement by UKBA, [UKBA requires only Self Employment earning to be certified by Accountant] it is a good practise to declare both in Accountant's letter [Since he is going to do the same for HMRC requirement]
If Not We, Then Who?