ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 VALID passports- is this normal...?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imprezasti

2 VALID passports- is this normal...?

Post by imprezasti » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:57 pm

Hi gang,

Here's the situation:
My manager keeps on mercilessly sending me to all sorts of weird places and, as a result, i finally ran out of blank pages in my battered passport!

Feeling adventurous, i got myself a brand new one back home. The procedure is such that the authorities allow you to keep the old one (since it is still valid,only no blank pages).
Now that i need to start thinking about the upcoming extension, do i simply send both of them (even though both are valid) and ask to slap the damn thing into the blank one..?

Sound a bit weird to me, please shout if you guys think it all checks out ok.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:57 am

It appears that you have only one passport with an "additional booklet" of visa pages.

If that is the case, you'll need to send both the passport and the additional visa-pages booklet.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:53 am

I sent in both my passports with my application (both valid, I just applied for a new one so I wouldn't have the hassle of having to apply for a new one while in the UK - my old one wasn't full and South Africa allows you to have as many passports as you wish). I just filled in the application using my new passport number as my "main passport" and indicating the details of my previous passport. There were absolutely no issues and they attached the visa in the correct (new) passport. Just send both in - you should not have any issues.