ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I will apply for unmarried partner visa... Help!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

quarck
Newly Registered

I will apply for unmarried partner visa... Help!

Post by quarck » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:08 pm

Hello all!

I am living in London since 19th February 2004, always with my boyfriend, whom I've met on the Internet in Nov 2001. We've seen each other for the first time in June/02 when he went to Brazil to visit me, then I came here in Dec/02 and in Aug/03, staying one month each time.

So, we have already completed the 2 years living together and we want to apply as unmarried partner! We have all proofs we have been living together all this time, such as letters & bills with the same address, and zillions of photos.

We always lived at the same house, which is rented by his mother! And she lives there as well as my boyfriend's brother. Do you think this would be a problem?

I have a student visa which is due to expire in October/2006 and he is from Ecuador, but had ILR and now got even his British passport! :)

We are going directly there at Croydon in one week time!

Do you think we gonna have any problem in obtaining my visa? I'm so nervous!!!!

And, another question, once I have this visa, will I be able to work full time and study at a university paying as an EU fee student??

I would appreciate any feedback from you! Thank you very much!!!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:04 pm

Do you think we gonna have any problem in obtaining my visa?
Based upon what you write, no I don't expect you will have a problem! But as always, it is down to the quality of the supporting evidence.

Do you have possible marriage plans down the line? I ask that because getting married will speed up when you too can apply for Naturalisation as British.
John

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:10 am

And re: uni fees you have to be settled in UK/EU for 3 years before you get the reduced fee.

I think asylum seekers get it for free tho or certainly the UK rate.

Steve

Aleksas
Newly Registered

Post by Aleksas » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:02 am

"you have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you and your household, and where you and your dependants can live without any help from public funds"

Doesnt this mean that they need to either own the accommodation, or be the only ones living there...? And if the flat is owned by his mother, and has his brother and mother living there too wouldnt that be a problem?

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 1067257#Q5

Lex.

quarck
Newly Registered

Post by quarck » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:40 am

I searched in the dictionary, and by the definition of household, it includes the relatives of someone, all living under the same roof. So, as we are the only ones living there, I don't think there will be a problem because of this! (I hope!)

We plan to marry when we can afford our own house, coz I would like when I'm married to get my own place, only for us!

That's the way it works so for the university fees?? :(