ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner outside UK, how to apply for PR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LongTimeLurker
Newly Registered

Partner outside UK, how to apply for PR

Post by LongTimeLurker » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:32 pm

Hi Guys,

A long time lurker but never posted/needed advise. But now I need to bow for advise/suggestions.

I am on Tier-1 General now and qualify for my ILR in july this year. Had spent a good year and quarter on Work Permit then got into HSMP and then extended to Tier 1 General. My wife is on Tier-1 General Dependant with me in the UK since 2007 June. But in July 2010 she had to go back to her home country due to health problems and I was not able to support (not financially but physical help to attending her needs all the time) her while she was here.When I apply for my PR in July this year, if she is not with me yet, is she required to sit for and pass the LIFE IN THE UK test before she apply for ILR from her home country? is LIFE IN THE UK test conducted outside the UK too? can anybody shed some light on this please?
Any advise/suggestion/help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Russel.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:02 pm

If she returns after you have been granted ILR, then she may apply for a spouse visa, subject to MAA and A1 requirements.

She cannot apply for ILR from outside the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.