ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal VISA Settlement category-Processing Time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mepr81
Newly Registered

Spousal VISA Settlement category-Processing Time

Post by mepr81 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi ,
My husband is working in UK and he is a PR (ILR) and we recently applied for my VISA a month back. I would like to understand the actual time frame for processing the spousal VISA under settlement Category. I applied it in India (Chennai )through an agency . I am a little confused regarding the time frame cause in the web its mentioned it may take upto 12 weeks for spousal visa under settlement category whereas the lady who interviewed me mentioned the max time frame to be 28 working days. Any information regarding the actual processing time would help as it will help me in planning my travel arrangements. Apart from general statistics,also it would help if anyone who has actually applied for such a VISA could share their processing time information.
Thanks in advance.

deland
- thin ice -

Post by deland » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi, Our visa took 5 weeks but it can take upto 12wks it's just something that you will never know as to how long it will really take and they won't tell you neither, so just have to wait.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:22 pm

As many days that it may take a caseworker to decide on the application(s). Every application is decided on its own merits, and therefore no one, other than the caseworker, can tell you how many days it may take.

See Guide to visa processing times for statistical information published by UKBA. Also, browse this topic to get an idea of settlement visa processing times posted by members (for applications in India).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!