ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I really need to change my visa status?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pranav.vaidya

Do I really need to change my visa status?

Post by pranav.vaidya » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:46 pm

Hi,

I am in the UK since January 2010. I am currently on Tier 2 (Intra Comp Trans). I am currently applying for swiching to Tier 1 (Gen).

I read a lot of stuff on the UKBA web-site and now I am totally confused. :? :?

I know that if I am on Tier 2 I can not easily change jobs while in the UK. Apart from this how would I benefit if I switch to Tier 1 (Gen)?
All these days I was thinking that Tier 2 can not apply for ILR. Is this right? My visa is currently valid till Jan 2013 and there are chances that my company might renew it next year (I am hopeful!!).

Given all this, is it really worth changing my visa status now (before 5 April 2011)?

Any guidance on this is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

askhan
United Kingdom

re

Post by askhan » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:36 pm

It depend if you qualify the requirements of T1 then go ahead.

UK BA is renewing there law n rules every year. you never know when they will change any policies for ILR.

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:09 am

Yes, if you qualify go for Tier 1 (General). Never know what rules will come in the future. Do not analyse just on the basis of current rule.