ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New born infant - photograph for passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pkumar
Member of Standing

New born infant - photograph for passport

Post by pkumar » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi,

I have a quick question ... my baby was born in UK couple of weeks back ... I am on Tier 1 ..... so first thing is to get babies indian passport.

I searched a lot but couldn't find it .... how do you take picture of 3-5 week old baby? ... does someone has to hold the baby in lap? ..... how do UK consulate in London prefer pic of really small baby? ... can i use same pic as given for indian passport?

So basically how do people take pics for indian pasport and for UK - dependent visa?

Thanks!

Kumar

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:04 pm

I took my daughter to a photo studio ( snappy snaps) when she was 4 weeks for an Indian passport. They made her lie down on a cushion and took a snap.It was fairly easy and the photographer was pretty skilled.

You won't be able to hold or support the child as no other person should be visible in the photo.

sudhirdige

Post by sudhirdige » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:03 am

you can use paspic they are really good-lay the baby on a white or cream colour blanket on floor and take his/her photo and uload it to paspic website they will print it for you and send it next day-worked for me when I applied for my son's British passport.
p.s want to let moderators know that I do not have any financial interests in paspic