ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

post study visa not cancelled

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

culio347
Newly Registered

post study visa not cancelled

Post by culio347 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:06 pm

Hello Everyone,

I recently just heard the news that the post study visa is not to be cancelled until 2012. Thank Goodness for that. I do have a few questions though.

In the new reform, it is stated that :

The last students to be able to benefit from Tier 1 PSW will be 2010/11 final year undergraduates and postgraduates and those who obtained their degree no earlier than end March/April 2011 (precise cut off date to be confirmed).

The question is that i am a graduate of the 2009/2010 undergrads and i am currently doing my postgraduate course in uk. I was wondering when would be the best time for me to apply from now because my visa expires in october 2011 and my course finishes about the same time october 2011?

Can i still apply if i havent received a post grad certificate and still be granted a visa incase im not eligible to apply as an undergrad from 2009/2010?

Also if granted a PSW visa does the 2 years start to count from date of my visa expiration or date of the PSW visa approval was given.

In summary wen is d best time to apply in my case, now or after post grad but remember it says PSW visa is beneficial to those who obtained their degree no earlier than end march/april 2011, i graduated in 2009/2010. I am slightly confused. Thanks :)

Regards.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:46 pm

what qualification will you be awarded when you finish your 'postgraduate course'? Do you know when you will be awarded?

When you say you are an 'undergraduate graduate' what do you mean? What qualification do you already have? When you were awarded this qualification?

culio347
Newly Registered

Post by culio347 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:27 pm

Greenie wrote:what qualification will you be awarded when you finish your 'postgraduate course'? Do you know when you will be awarded?

When you say you are an 'undergraduate graduate' what do you mean? What qualification do you already have? When you were awarded this qualification?

i will be awarded a post graduate degree (MSc) and i would be awarded in december 2011 , my visa expires in october 2011. I mean i have received an undergraduate degree( BSc). I was awarded in december 2010.

sravanthi
Newly Registered

same problem

Post by sravanthi » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:26 am

hi,

i got graduated in this march and my visa expired on 24th of jan. so i came to india. i am going to apply Psw from india on april 1st . will i be effected by the new rules?

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:02 pm

culio347 wrote:
Greenie wrote:what qualification will you be awarded when you finish your 'postgraduate course'? Do you know when you will be awarded?

i will be awarded a post graduate degree (MSc) and i would be awarded in december 2011 , my visa expires in october 2011. I mean i have received an undergraduate degree( BSc). I was awarded in december 2010.
You should be ok, if you apply in October 2011.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:32 pm

culio347 wrote:

You should be able to apply using your bachelors degreee as long as you apply before December 2011 (i.e. within 12 montha of the award. Obviously if you want to apply from within the UK you should to do before it expires in October 2011.

Note however that the date of award is not the date of your graduation- be sure that you are clear on the date you were awarded your BSc. See para 79-81 of the PSW guidance

If you are granted PSW the 2 years will be from the date of the decision not the date of your visa expiry.