ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Suggestions Required for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Satya6915
Newly Registered

Suggestions Required for ILR

Post by Satya6915 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:22 pm

Dear All,

I have a Query regarding ILR. I was issued entry clearance on May5th 2006 on workpermit visa for 3yrs i.e till May5th 2009. I arrived to UK on 18th June 2006. After 3yrs, my employer applied for Visa extention under tier2 sw general and I was granted permission to stay till May9th 2011( date of issue of this visa was on 28th May 2009 although we applied well before the expiry of visa).

When I would be eligible to apply for ILR?. My company lawyer is applying for visa extension for 1 more year. However, I think that I am eligible for ILR in april because of new 3 month rule while computing 5 yr period. Am I correct? I called up UKBA office to check the same but the operator mentioned that 3 month rule wont be applicable to me as I entered here on work permit visa not on tier2 visa. Does it makes sense?

Thank you for your time

Best Regards,
-Satya

milan_ns

Post by milan_ns » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:17 pm

The "3 month rule" doesn't really mention WP, only Tier2.

There was a discussion here whether the rule applies to WP as well, but you just've made it clear that it doesn't.