ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Undergrad/Postrad studies and PSW timing

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Valentyn
Newly Registered

Undergrad/Postrad studies and PSW timing

Post by Valentyn » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:21 am

Hello,

I hope you guys would be able to help me with my situation, it is not an easy one. As we all know, the PSW applications will be abolished in March 2012.

I will be graduating from my undergrad degree in June 2011 and will be starting a Masters course in October '11. The problem is that the masters course (for which I expect to obtain a new tier 4 student visa) will finish in June 2012, after the stated deadline.

My question is whether I would be able to apply for a PSW visa on the basis of my undergraduate degree even though I would be in full time postgraduate education as the time (and holding a valid tier 4 visa).

Thank you so much for any ideas on the issue.

tabraiz.lashkari
Newly Registered

Post by tabraiz.lashkari » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:58 am

Yes you should be able to apply for PSW on the basis of your degree.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:24 pm

your real question is...

"what happens to my student visa when i am granted psw visa"

i dont know the answer but i have been told that all previous visas are nullified/cancelled as soon as new visa is issued. There might be some exceptions to this rule but i, personally, am not aware of any

see what other members suggest

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:27 pm

also, if you are doing an integrated masters course than you will not get a degree in june 2011!

Valentyn
Newly Registered

Post by Valentyn » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:11 pm

[quote="arsenal49"]also, if you are doing an integrated masters course than you will not get a degree in june 2011![/quote]

I will have my undergrad results by this July so that isn't an issue

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:08 am

Your new leave will superside your existing leave.

So PSW visa wil be your new status in the country and not your T4. Get PSW and study until your course is finished. Then go on the employment thingy.