ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 issues about applying for HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BRudin
Newly Registered

3 issues about applying for HSMP

Post by BRudin » Tue May 25, 2004 6:55 pm

1) I am a US citizen and trying to re-acquire my Indian citizenship (as they now allow dual-citizenship). In response to the 'Nationality' question in the form I will say American and Indian.

Can I apply from US and then have visa stamped in India in my Indian passport? (As I will be there in about 3 months working on a business and I would prefer to travel on my Indian passport)

2) About Income. In 2000 my income was well into 6 figures (US $). Then I started a technology business, ran it until end of 2003. I had an office, 1 consultant, several college interns and a partner. I invested a few 100 thousand dollars. The business did not generate any income after we developed our technology products. From Jan-Mar 2004 I worked as a consulting CIO and earned a salary which equals $170K annual. Now I am working on another business idea (no income yet).

Summary: In 2000 earned enough income to score 25 points
2001,2002,2003 little or no income, but was running a business
In 2004 so far earned only in Jan, Feb, Mar but monthly income corresponds to annual income of $170K.

I have evidence that I really did run a business- tax returns, contracts, etc. I also have all payslips for previous jobs.

Will I score any points for Income?

3) My degree is just Bachelor of Science with really average grades. Degree is from India and only 3 years.

Do I get points for this 3 year B.Sc.?

General: I am a highly business minded person, with over 18 years of experience in IT management, mostly in US. Considering the above should I apply for HSMP?

Thanks.
BR

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Wed May 26, 2004 7:29 am

I definitely feel you should apply for HSMP- the program has been intended for people like you, IMHO - and claim every single point that comes to your mind, with thorough supporting evidence, especially when it comes to income: you want to comply with their requirement and show the last 12 months of activity, but you also want to show that your income is in high bracket (band) when you are employed, so it's worth detailing all income and economic activity for the last five years or so, so that the case worker makes a fully informed decision.

Good luck!

simar

Post by simar » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:38 pm

hi BRudin,
what make you think to go for hsmp. you are a US citizen with indian roots. Better leverage your indian connections . Setup the stuff here in india and make deals in the western world. Make a win-win case both for US & india rather than running from the situation. Even when I am thinking of UK( currently sitting in india). I have this kind of setup in my mind.
Situation is US is bad but not that bad. On my last visit in Nov 03 I could see many startups coming up again on the east coast..

regards
simar