ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for ILR by post

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

talktome

Applied for ILR by post

Post by talktome » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:35 pm

hi there ,

I was one of the few unlucky or lucky ones to come to UK in April 2002 and who was in the transitional period for qualifying . But was unable to get an appointment with HO so I sent my app by post.

I have sent in mine by post and am now anxiously awaiting results.Can anyone who has applied by post share their experiences for everyones benefit.

HO standards for post are they decide 70% of the applications with 4 weeks and 90% with 14 weeks.

Thanks

vijikrish
Newly Registered

Post by vijikrish » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:36 pm

Me and my friend (we become eligible on 1st and 2nd April) have also posted our application on Friday 31st. We had an appointment at Liverpool PEO but they were considering only applications eligible on or before 28th. So we had to post our forms as they suggested.

We are hoping to try our luck! Letz see hope it goes now. Does anyone have an idea when we will start seeing any progress on the application?

talktome

Post by talktome » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:45 pm

I got a letter from HO saying they received my app but the date the letter was sent was as of 3rd April so I am not sure how this works whether I fall in the old rules or new ones

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:48 pm

I got a letter from HO saying they received my app but the date the letter was sent was as of 3rd April so I am not sure how this works whether I fall in the old rules or new ones
At least that part is easy to answer. IND have made it clear that applications submitted prior to 3rd April will be dealt with on the basis of the pre-3rd April legislation, even if the application is dealt with on or after 3rd April.

Also note, in respect of postal applications for visas, it is the date of posting that counts, not the date of receipt by IND. So, just in case, hang on to those Special Delivery slips stamped by the Post Office, proving when the envelope was posted.
John

talktome

Post by talktome » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:24 pm

John ,

Do you think I should send them a note just in case to confirm that my app was sent before 3rd April.Also do you have any idea how long the posts take , does it really take 4 weeks for HO to respond or is that just a byline figure ?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:57 am

Do you think I should send them a note just in case to confirm that my app was sent before 3rd April
No don't, the last thing that IND will want is lots of letters saying that. It will just slow up the process of dealing with the applications. Just hold on to your proof of posting, until you hear back from them. If they query the date of posting then you have the evidence you need.
do you have any idea how long the posts take
How did you send it? Special Delivery? Or at the very least, Recorded Delivery? If so use the Track & Trace facility at www.royalmail.co.uk to check when it was signed for.
does it really take 4 weeks for HO to respond or is that just a byline figure
70% within four weeks, 90% within 13 weeks ... to deal with postal applications ..... is what the IND indicates. But do appreciate that they probably got a well-above-average number of applications last week, so expect those percentages to slip a bit in the near term.

[/quote]
John

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:31 pm

My personal opinion is they will decide straight forward cases within 3 weeks(as I've seen in PEO saying they aim to deal with postal applications within 3 weeks time in the year 2006). But there is another problem, we're loosing 2 working days because of Easter holidays.
Last edited by Kavik on Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

sam1000s

Post by sam1000s » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:01 am

I posted my application on 1st APR, got my cheque cleared on 6th APR but so far I haven't recieved any letter(acknowledgement) from HO.
Do I need to call them?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:14 am

Do I need to call them?
My opinion ... absolutely not! Far too early. They were inundated with applications late March and early April. Clearly they have the application but don't expect speedy treatment.

Maybe phone in a month's time if you have not heard from them.

Why not phone now? Those phone calls delay the "real work", processing the applications. Don't phone unnecessarily.
John

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:36 am

and also as you paid by cheque, it will take 4-5 working days to reach money to HO.

sam1000s

process status

Post by sam1000s » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:22 pm

Application Posted on: 01 APR
Recieved acknowledgement letter from HO dated 11APR

talktome

Post by talktome » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:15 pm

Guys ,
I need some advise here ,
My employer has asked me to fly to europe for a business trip for a week starting 2nd May,
Do you think,
1. Its advisable for me to write to HO to ask them to expedite my application.My employer is willing to give me a letter advising me on travel dates ..etc
2. It will have any impact on my application ?

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:58 pm

Hi, difficult!. As you yourself posted earlier in this topic :-
HO standards for post are they decide 70% of the applications with 4 weeks and 90% with 14 weeks.
I think you need to mention your percentages to your employer ... and say that you cannot guarantee that you will be able to travel early May.

Should you contact IND? I think that as they are busy at the moment, having to cope with such requests only slows down the whole task of clearing the current backlog.
John

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:16 pm

Dates of applications we are currently considering.
Application type We are currently working on applications submitted in
Further Leave to Remain (Marriage) March 2006
Settlement (Marriage) March 2006
Students March 2006
Settlement (Other) March 2006
Further Leave to Remain (Other) March 2006

As you posted your application in the end of March, your application must be currently under consideration. Chances are there you might get your passports back by end of April/early May.

As John said if you call them it simply delays the whole process.

sam1000s

Post by sam1000s » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:44 pm

Hi all,
Please do share your process status

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:28 pm

talktome any luck? Did you get your ILR? Please let us know your status.

talktome

Post by talktome » Mon May 01, 2006 1:30 am

nope havent received anything from HO, finished 4 weeks already and still counting.I will ask them to expedite by next week if I dont get a response as I have to travel

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Mon May 01, 2006 3:42 pm

talktome wrote:nope havent received anything from HO, finished 4 weeks already and still counting.I will ask them to expedite by next week if I dont get a response as I have to travel
Chetkav who posted his application on 28th March has got his passports back with ILR on 27th April itseems. So they're(HO) completing applications on time in 20 working days. So you should get yours in the early this week. Have you completed 20 working days from the date you posted?

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Fri May 05, 2006 1:49 pm

Dates of applications we are currently considering.
Application type We are currently working on applications submitted in
Further Leave to Remain (Marriage) March 2006
Settlement (Marriage) March 2006
Students March 2006
Settlement (Other) March 2006
Further Leave to Remain (Other) March 2006

Dn't know whats happening in the HO. The dates are not changing in the website to April. Can any guess whats actually going on? Why we're not getting any response after 21 working days????

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri May 05, 2006 2:12 pm

Dn't know whats happening in the HO. The dates are not changing in the website to April. Can any guess whats actually going on?
Yes. You need to appreciate that a change to the Immigration Rules affected many in respect of applications made or or after 3 April 2006. Accordingly a lot of people rushed their applications into IND in late March. No doubt IND is still working through that March deluge, and then will deal with more on to clear those dated 1st or 2nd April, before moving on to look at later applications.
John

talktome

Post by talktome » Fri May 05, 2006 5:41 pm

Just an update guys I recevied my application back from HO today morning, was all good, had a stamp on my passport with indefinite leave and also received all the documents/letters I had sent them except the company reference letters.

I had sent in my app on 30th Mar so roughly they are taking close to 5 weeks now to complete the apps.

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Fri May 05, 2006 8:53 pm

Wow great congratulations!!!!! Thats very good news.
talktome wrote:Just an update guys I recevied my application back from HO today morning, was all good, had a stamp on my passport with indefinite leave and also received all the documents/letters I had sent them except the company reference letters.

I had sent in my app on 30th Mar so roughly they are taking close to 5 weeks now to complete the apps.

vijikrish
Newly Registered

Post by vijikrish » Sat May 06, 2006 1:15 pm

Hey Congrats! My friend also got hers today. All stamped and done!!! Mine is still awaiting futher consideration. Guess it is be'cox I had a break in between for just over 3 months due to medical treatment.. I guess there might be more than 1 level of consideration for applications like mine.. any idea how long would it take to get a decision in these special cases???

andhraguy

Post by andhraguy » Sat May 06, 2006 3:08 pm

Hi Viji,

When is your friend qualified for ILR.ie.. When did she complete her 3 years 11 months 2 days ..??

Is it before 3rd april or after..??

Thanks,
AndhraGuy

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Sat May 06, 2006 3:48 pm

Hi andhraguy,

reg your question this guy qualified on 1st April(sat) and his friend who has got ILR qualified on 2nd Aril...just before 3rd April. They posted application on 31st March.
andhraguy wrote:Hi Viji,

When is your friend qualified for ILR.ie.. When did she complete her 3 years 11 months 2 days ..??

Is it before 3rd april or after..??

Thanks,
AndhraGuy