ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Passport,ePassport and Biometric passport new release

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

angelbaby
Newly Registered

UK Passport,ePassport and Biometric passport new release

Post by angelbaby » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:25 pm

please do give information regarding the new passport issue with chip N Passport which is newly launched from 2006, makes life easier.......

http://www.silicon.com/publicsector/0,3 ... 6-1,00.htm

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:36 pm

This page on the UKPS website covers most of it. This page on the BritainUSA website may also be of interest - AFAIK the British Embassy in Washington is the only overseas post issuing them at the moment.
It is not clear why you think life will be easier. Existing passports with scanned photograph will continue to be valid for the US Visa Waiver Program for the foreseeable future, and I don't think any other countries have introduced a requirement for biometric passports, have they?
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

confused1

Post by confused1 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:58 am

I have been issued with a new Biometric/e-passport. It's front cover is pretty much similar to the old one except it has a logo indicating that it has a chip inside.

the pages appears to be greenish with water marks and different pictures of bird.
That's all.