ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Migrating from Armenia to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

armen
Newly Registered

Migrating from Armenia to UK

Post by armen » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:43 am

Hello everybody thi sis my first post so i hope it is in the right section.

I have a few questions that i would be very greatful to get answers for.

Q1.I have a Cousin(my mums brother's daughter) who is 20 and she just got married and the husband is 21, they really want to come over and me and my family really want them to come over and be with us and around us.

what is the best way for a couple to legally emigrate to the UK and settle here and work pay their taxes and live?

Q2.My Mother has a twin sister back home and she would really want her to come over with her family is there a way for two siblings (twins) to be closer together?

both people are based in Armenia.

thanks in advance and hope to hear from you guys soon.

joh118

Re: Migrating from Armenia to UK

Post by joh118 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:05 am

armen wrote:Hello everybody thi sis my first post so i hope it is in the right section.

I have a few questions that i would be very greatful to get answers for.

Q1.I have a Cousin(my mums brother's daughter) who is 20 and she just got married and the husband is 21, they really want to come over and me and my family really want them to come over and be with us and around us.

what is the best way for a couple to legally emigrate to the UK and settle here and work pay their taxes and live?

Q2.My Mother has a twin sister back home and she would really want her to come over with her family is there a way for two siblings (twins) to be closer together?

both people are based in Armenia.

thanks in advance and hope to hear from you guys soon.
1. Unfortunately, they will not be able to come to UK on the basis that you are in the UK. They will need to come on Tier 1, Tier2 or Tier 4.

2. What is the status of your mother? If your mother is "settled" here (ie. British citizen or ILR), there may be a possibility. If your mother's sister mainly or wholly depend on the money that your mother earns in the UK, have adequate finance and accomodation and only if your mother's sister does not have any close relative in her home country.

Please read: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... relatives/

armen
Newly Registered

hi

Post by armen » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:10 pm

My Mother is a full british citizen but she is a house wife and my dad supports her. Her sister has a husband and 2 teenage sons and her parents and her brother which are my mums brother and parents also live there but they do not in any way support her.

Her profession is a Teacher and fluent in both Armenian and Russian language.Her husband was the victim of a car accident while crossing the road several years ago and is disabled.

She is very hard working and has been the supporter of the family all her life.

any chance or any grounds?

as for the married cousin in order for them to apply through one of the tiers they need good qualifications and skills don't they?

thanks in advance once again

joh118

Re: hi

Post by joh118 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:15 pm

armen wrote:My Mother is a full british citizen but she is a house wife and my dad supports her. Her sister has a husband and 2 teenage sons and her parents and her brother which are my mums brother and parents also live there but they do not in any way support her.

Her profession is a Teacher and fluent in both Armenian and Russian language.Her husband was the victim of a car accident while crossing the road several years ago and is disabled.

She is very hard working and has been the supporter of the family all her life.

any chance or any grounds?

as for the married cousin in order for them to apply through one of the tiers they need good qualifications and skills don't they?

thanks in advance once again
sorry, but it looks highly unlikely that your mother's sister to be allowed to join your mother in the UK. This is mainly because your mother's sister still has relatives that she can depend on. Again she may wish to see if Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 4 is an option.

As for your cousin, yes, either her husband or herself needs good (degree level) qualifications to stand a chance of coming to the UK under Tier 1 or Tier 2.

armen
Newly Registered

hello

Post by armen » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:25 pm

Alright 1 more questions and i will be done.

We have tried to bring my dads mum here for holiday twice now and both visas have been declined but we have now learned that because she is over 65 and a widow and has no one supporting her as she only has a daughter but she is married and lives separately and my dad is the main and only supporter, so on what basis can we bring her here? i am very sure she would no want to stay longer then a few months but if she wanted to stay permanent what are the options for us?

thanks

joh118

Post by joh118 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:56 pm

the following relatives can apply to join a settled person in the UK:

* widowed mothers and widowed fathers aged 65 or over; and
* parents or grandparents who are travelling together, if one of them is aged 65 or over.

You must provide evidence that:

* you depend wholly or mainly on your settled relative for money;
* you (and any dependants you have) can and will be maintained and housed adequately, without needing public funds, in accommodation which your settled relative owns or occupies exclusively; and
* you have no other close relatives in your own country who can support you financially.

The fact that she has a daughter can be a problem.
Does she wholly or mainly depend on your settled father for money?
Is there adequate accomodation?

That said, I think there is a good chance of success. so I think it's worth a go. However, as these application tend to be a bit complicated, I strongly suggest you use an immigration advisor in the UK to help you prepare her application.