ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

mum non-eea with a son of eea...which application to use??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bochis
Newly Registered

mum non-eea with a son of eea...which application to use??

Post by bochis » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:14 pm

Hello Everybody

I'm a mum of a french boy of just 4 years, i try to be in UK legally to work and to be with my sister that lives here in UK.
I have just some temporal right to stay but in france, i'm in UK since 2 months and i want to stay here with my sister, my son is french and i'm also in process of divorce with my ex husband french.
So i am not sure that EEA2 it really the application i should send because my son even is european is not able to study in university or have acount in the bank.
Now i'm living with my sister but i expect to have a job quick, but with not visa is not so easy to do. So which is the correct form to do.

I read to my son maybe have to have registration certificate and after me to try EEA2 as i uderstood. So is ok like this?... i tried also to call but they send to other telephone number as when i choose the option send me to the web site.
I'm already send them a letter asking but they just send me an email with all the same information as the web site.

I hope you all can help me to resolve this... maybe there is somebody else with my same case.
Thank you for advance. :wink:
Last edited by bochis on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brown212

Re: mum non-eea with a son of eea...which application to use

Post by Brown212 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:32 pm

bochis wrote:Hello Everybody

I'm a mum of a french boy of just 4 years, i try to be in UK legally to work and to be with my sister that lives here in UK.
I have just some temporal right to stay but in france, i'm in UK since 2 months and i want to stay here with my sister, my son is french and i'm also in process of divorce with my ex husband french.
So i am not sure that EEA2 it really the application i should send because my son even is european is not able to study inuniversity or have acount in the bank.
Now i'm living with my sister but i expect to have a job quick, but with not visa is not so easy to do. So which is the correct form to do.

I read to my son maybe have to have registration certificate and after me to try EEA2 as i uderstood. So is oklike this... i tried also to call but they send to other telephone number as when i choose the option send me to the web site.
I'm alredy send them a letter asking but they just send me an email with all the same information as the web site.

I hope you all can help me to resolve this... maybe there is somebody else with my same case.
Thank you for advance. :wink:
How old is your son? if your son is still under 18years old you can apply for EEA2 as self sufficient person in Uk and the Visa will not allow you to work in UK, or you have to wait for the recent ECJ ruling called Zambrano, case which said that parents of Eu citizen should be allow to reside and work in any EU state. Under this ruling you have the right to reside and work in UK if your son is still under 18 years old.

bochis
Newly Registered

Post by bochis » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:55 pm

Brown212 thanks a lot for that information and for to answer me so quick.. so at least i can stay here legally even i can't work... as maybe is a problem because .. well is better to know!! :roll: