ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

technician

HSMP extension

Post by technician » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:01 am

Hello Friends and Moderators ,

Thanks very much for the support and guidance. I have spent about 10 months in UK and going to apply for HSMP extension. I will attach the following documents. I will post it next week.

1. Filled in FLR(IED) form
2. Two photographs (Name on back)
3. Passport original
4. Salary slips-5 months original
5. Bank statements - 5 months original
6. Covering letter
7. Letter of appointment - Original
8. Confirmation letter from office
9. Personal savings - again bank latest statement GBP 2500/= balance
10. Appropriate fees GBP 335/= through Master credit card.

Please clarify about the following questions of the form.
Q. No. 29 Your HSMP ref no.
Q. No. 30 Your home office reference no
Q. No 35 Is your home in UK: I live with a relative . Which box to tick? I do not pay any rent

Please tell about the special recorded delivery of documents to HOME OFFICE and their safe return to my hands. What shall I do with this??

Any other comments and suggestions Please inform.

Thanks,

TECH
Team work- Nurturing Talents

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:13 pm

Q29 ..... from your HSMP approval letter
Q30 ..... HO reference? Do you have one? If not leave blank.
Q35 ..... "Owned or rented by a relative or friend?" ... if that is indeed correct.
Please tell about the special recorded delivery of documents to HOME OFFICE and their safe return to my hands. What shall I do with this??
Go to a Post Office and say you want to buy two prepaid Special Delivery envelopes. You can buy them any time .... tomorrow if convenient. They are about £4 each, or just a bit more.

Those prepaid envelopes cover up to 500g, which will be quite sufficient for your purpose.

What to do with those envelopes? Self-address one of them ... you will send it with the application and documents. They will use that prepaid Special Delivery envelope to return the documents to you.

The other Special Delivery envelope? You will obviously use that to send the application to Cannock. When you have put the application and documents together you will seal the envelope and take it to a Post Office. Nothing more to pay ... the Post Office clerk will stamp the receipt and hand it back to you.

You will be able to use the Track & Trace facility at the www.royalmail.co.uk website. Also, if you make a note of the tracking number on the envelope you are enclosing with the application, if you check in the evening you can see if it has entered the postal system. (When my wife applied for naturalisation I knew the previous evening that there would be news arriving the next morning!)

Hope this helps.
John

technician

Post by technician » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:48 am

Thanks John very much for the reply. My visa is valid upto 14 june 2006. I shall be posting my docs on 18/04/2006.

Regards

TECH

ZINX
Newly Registered

Post by ZINX » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:57 pm

John,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm also in the process of sending application for HSMP extention.

I have one silliy question though, with Special Delivery, will the postman get your signature before delivery or he'll just drop the packet in house. I wish to ask this to determine whether I should give my home address or office address for return of docs.

If they take signature before delivery, office will be suitable, if they are just going to drop the packet, home will be better choice (as no one will be available to sign).

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Zinx

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:13 pm

With Special Delivery they most certainly get a signature. If no one in then they will put a card through the door and invite the person to call at the Royal Mail address on that card.
John

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:36 pm

please keep the forum posted on how your extension goes.

We are curious to know if it will be for 3 yrs or 4 yrs

technician

Post by technician » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:10 pm

Hello All,

That is what I have been waiting for. I will delay a weeks time posting my application. To see the effect of this 3 or 4 years confusion.

Thanks
TECH

ZINX
Newly Registered

Post by ZINX » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:53 am

Thanks John, for your response.

technician

Tomorrow I will post my extension

Post by technician » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:41 pm

HEllo all

I am a bit nervous and to some extent feel good too. Nervous because I am sending my original passport by post. Feel good because I will get extension for another 3 or 4 (Good luck) for UK.

Friends please wish me good luck and I pray to Almighty GOD that I get the passport back into my hands with the stamping.

Tomorrow 18/04/2006, As directed by senior members I will post DOcuments via special delivery .

AMEN

TECH

sunny158

Post by sunny158 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:48 pm

technician,

I dont know why you are so nervous, extension is much easier than initial hsmp application, many people get refused for HSMP application, but so far I have not heard anyone who cannot get hsmp extension. Just relax and wait it back.

ZINX
Newly Registered

Post by ZINX » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:22 pm

technician,

Please let us know the outcome of your extention application and how long it took to get the Passport back.

Also did you get extention for 3 years or 4 years.

Regards,