ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa app submitted - confusion - Gerry's

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali sher

spouse visa app submitted - confusion - Gerry's

Post by ali sher » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:18 am

Hi/asa all

I got my ILR in 2005. I got married in 2009 in Pakistan. My wife has submitted her Spouse Visa App on 28.3.11
at Gerry's Islamabad centre.

My wife is not satisfied with the Gerry's customer service at all. She was asked to come at 11 am all the way from Peshawar but she had to wait till 3pm for her turn.
The woman who checked documents told my wife your husband's passport is expired ( it was extended by Pak consulate, and i sent my original passport instead of attested photocopies) then she pronounced the word 'indefinite leave' as 'indefine' and objected that this person cant sponsor you on an 'indefine' visa. When her supervisor confirmed its indefinte then that lady started objecting other documents and tried to give half of the important pictures and a few other documents back saying they are not important but my wife insisted she cant take anything back as they are the required documents for this visa.

Then all of a sudden she goes we dont take original passports and the reason she gave was 'because nobody give their orig passports'. My wife was told to get photocopies of sponsor's passport and come back in half hour time.
My wife got the photocopies and submitted app along with the documents and nobody at Gerry's said anything about getting the photocopies attested.

Now i am confused and worried if the application get rejected because of unattested photocopies.

Please advice me what could be done at this stage when online track status of our application says 'App has been forwarded to Islamabad OC'.

Thank you.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:33 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!