ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

on WP..not being paid..finding new job

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rama_F
Newly Registered

on WP..not being paid..finding new job

Post by rama_F » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:10 pm

Hi,

I am on work permit since July 2004. Earlier this year my companies financial position shook up and they have decided to keep me on board (not redundant, but wouldn't pay me) without pay. I have found a new employer who is ready to do my work-permit transfer (same job/work). Would this not getting paid (i.e. not paying tax) for couple of months affect

a) my work permit transfer application and if approved then would it affect my FLR application.

b) How long can I keep looking for the jobs (still on the board with the old company) provided that the new employer failed to get me new WP and then decides not to make any more WP applications for me. And also, I am not paying taxes when I am working with the old company.

Thanks in advance.....

Regards,

tvt

Post by tvt » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:14 pm

1. No effect on WP application but might affect FLR(IED) application as you have to show sufficient funds so as not to recourse to public funds.

2. You have 28 days to find new employment starting on the date you leave your current employer.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:18 pm

I am not sure which employer you have but it is illegal for him not to pay you. The moment he stops paying, it should mean your employment formally ended.

The sooner you get your new work-permit the better for you.

supertiger

Post by supertiger » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:22 pm

Can it be regarded as unpaid leave? if so should be ok.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:39 pm

It might be OK. The more he delays, the more problematic it will be.