ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FAO USA applicants

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alanakaja1980

FAO USA applicants

Post by alanakaja1980 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:11 pm

Is there anyone else on here that has recently applied for a settlement visa within the USA?

My husband sent off his supporting docs to the BC-G NYC office and they were received early morning on Saturday 26th March. He has already completed his online application and has done his biometrics. I was wondering how long it usually takes to receive an acknowledgement from the consulate? Does this acknowledgement come in the form of an email or letter? I know this is only Thursday and they have only had the completed application a matter of days, but we are so anxious for this to be approved.

carlabeach

Post by carlabeach » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:55 pm

After your completed application is in NY consulate they review your visa in a week, you recived a mail where say if you get the visa or if it is refused .
they are very quick !!

alanakaja1980

Post by alanakaja1980 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:49 pm

Thanks for you reply Carla.

We got an email last night telling us that we had sent the docs to the wrong consulate. The docs should have been sent to the LA office and not the NYC one :x Even though I did email them to confirm what office to send the docs too :x They have kindly sent our stuff onto the LA office which means we should receive an email from the LA office in the next few days confirming receipt of docs.

carlabeach

Post by carlabeach » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:01 pm

excellent , Good Luck !!

alanakaja1980

Post by alanakaja1980 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:29 pm

Got an email today from the LA consulate stating that they have received out application and it is currently being processed. Only problem is that it could take up to 50 working days :shock:

carlabeach

Post by carlabeach » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:07 am

Dont worry they say to me 90 working days !!