ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA returned app and request passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bluecole2
- thin ice -

UKBA returned app and request passport

Post by bluecole2 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:14 pm

Hi guys,

I need your help on this one.

Ukba return my EEA 2 app and asked me to reapply when I produce all necessary documents.

To cut the very long story short; I'm an illegal entrant, was arrested for immigration offence and I've been signing on weekly for over a year now.

I recently got married and applied for RC. My app and documents was returned to me.

The letter that come with it says; to establish a right of residence, and therefore be eligibility for a Residence Card, the following additional evidence will be needed:-
[]Evidence of identity (B) - your original valid passport or IND ARC.

Now the problem is, I don't have a passport. When I sent the app, I included the IS.96 I use to sign on as iD.

I went to my embassy in London-probably one of the worst in the world (Nigeria embassy). I was told I have to book an appointment online and from my friends experience it's likely to take 4-6 months for an appointment to apply for passport. My friend applied for a new passport in late January and got an appointment for June that's how bad it is.

My questions are;
What can I do in other for ukba to process my app while I wait for passport appointment?

Is ukba not meant to continue processing my app while I apply for passport and have they got the right to return my app?

Please suggest anything that could be of help.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your responses.

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: UKBA returned app and request passport

Post by 86ti » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:21 am

bluecole2 wrote:Is ukba not meant to continue processing my app while I apply for passport and have they got the right to return my app?
They have returned the application exactly because they cannot process it. A vital document is missing: the one showing your identity. I would think however, based on the MRAX case, that a passport (or ARC) is not the only way to proof identity. If you have other possibly useful documents you cant try to negotiate with the UKBA whether they would accept those.

bluecole2
- thin ice -

Post by bluecole2 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:07 pm

86ti thanks for your response.

The only proof of ID I've got is the IS.96 they gave me to sign-on. I was told this is my ID and this is the same ID I sent to them when I applied for CoA for marriage that was eventually issued.

Please can you tell me what ARC is? Thanks!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:57 pm

Application Registration Card wrote:The ARC is a credit card-sized plastic card issued as an acknowledgement of an Asylum or Article 3 application made to IND.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bluecole2
- thin ice -

Post by bluecole2 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Gratitude sushdmehta

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by toni34 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:44 am

you need to get ur passport,dont worry nothing wil happen to you while you r waiting for the nigerian passport.you wont be arrested because if they are going to arrest you, they would have done so when you summitted your coa,for marriage.
NON EU national with RC