ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success 31-mar-11

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prateekgaur20
Newly Registered

ILR Success 31-mar-11

Post by prateekgaur20 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:54 pm

ILR Success PEO Croydon (Self employed, Traffic conviction, dependents)

Hi I would like to thank all the moderators & people contributing to this forum.

I've got my ILR Today 31-mar-11. I was on WP initially then Changed to HSMP & then FLR under Tier1.
My appointment was for 12:45 & I reached there 11:50 AM. Straight away to Security checks & after that to a window where a person checked my form (To make sure I've got the correct form but this wasn't to check the details on forum as he was not caseworker), passport and asked have I got all the required document. He specially asked me for the proof of Work Permit, I said I’ve got home office approval but he wanted the employment proof during WP like P-60 or may be salary slip. After enough search on this forum I took all my P-60's & was helpful. I would strongly recommend carrying your employment records for Work Permit. Up to this point these were just initial checks as again this person wasn't the case worker. After checking your passport & form, he gave me a token number. Which I took upstairs for the payment. After payment receipt you've to wait for your token number to be called by the case worker. I've to wait for 1:30 hrs for my turn (as it was around lunchtime). Lady (Case Worker) asked me for the form & Passports then for the documents without mentioning any particular and I gave her below documents

1) LIUK
2) 3 months salary slip
3) 4 P-60
4) 3 months banks statements personal account

Birth & marriage certificate for dependents (but she has returned these back saying I must have provided these for HSMP) but I would suggest to carry them. I asked does she need any more documents but she was happy with above.

Also carry photocopies of all the documents with you as that will save yours & case workers time. She was glad to see that I'm carrying photocopies which I told her after giving originals.

She said all the documents look good & she'll call back again my token number in 1 hours time by then my ILR wasn't confirmed as I only spent 5 mins with the case worker. I think she did all the checks during this period & called my token number again after 40 mins. This time she has confirmed my ILR & mentioned to collect the passports from another window (they'll call you token number for passport collection) I saw some impatient people asking the lady on the window for their passports but there token number wasn't called so not sure if it's a good thing. Anyway I've got my passport stamped in 20 minutes. Joy time...

I'm self employed & company director but case worker didn't ask me for any details related to company, not even business account statements. But again I would say take them with you to be on safer side. Also no questions were asked for Traffic Convictions (mine was LC-20, 3 points, 185 GBP fine) as it’s before 6th april 2011.

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:26 pm

Congratulations! Thanks for posting your story.

minicooper
Newly Registered

Post by minicooper » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:53 pm

hi did you mention your traffic offence in your application.thanks

baaku
Newly Registered

Post by baaku » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:33 am

Congratsssssssssss!!!

I need your attention and advise please.

I am also going to apply for ILR.
My case is:
1- Currently, I am on Tier1 General Visa (since April 2008)
2-Before that I was working on work permit--> Actually, i was doing conract job
When I was working with work permit then I did not have any contract job for 4-5 months.
Will it create any problem for ILR application?

Thankful for your advise. I am really bit tense.

Thanks,
Baaku