ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of entry - illegal followed by ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amac
Newly Registered

Date of entry - illegal followed by ILR

Post by amac » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:11 pm

Hello all.
An employee of mine has had ILR for about 7 years and is about to apply for naturalisation. ILR was granted as a result of some sort of Home Office amnesty, apparently - she was here illegally for a number of years prior to that.

What date of entry should she use on her application - her original date of entry (which would include the years she was here illegally), or the date on which her ILR was granted?

I've been trawling the boards but can't find any answers. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

joh118

Re: Date of entry - illegal followed by ILR

Post by joh118 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:51 pm

amac wrote:Hello all.
An employee of mine has had ILR for about 7 years and is about to apply for naturalisation. ILR was granted as a result of some sort of Home Office amnesty, apparently - she was here illegally for a number of years prior to that.

What date of entry should she use on her application - her original date of entry (which would include the years she was here illegally), or the date on which her ILR was granted?

I've been trawling the boards but can't find any answers. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
the question on the application form is quite simple. Just the date she entered the UK illegally/legally regardless.

amac
Newly Registered

Post by amac » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:45 am

Great, thanks.