ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA lost my passports

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crivero1
Newly Registered

UKBA lost my passports

Post by crivero1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:28 am

Hi!

My wife is applying for a residence card as EEA familiy member and we asked to UKBA for the return of our passports. They sent them two weeks ago (they give me the track number, etc). But it has been past 2 weeks since they sent them and I still do not receive the passports. By 2nd class delivery, this should take only 3 or 4 days.

UKBA say that I have to wait 1 month and then they start an investigation. How long can take this? Has this been happened before to someone? What can I do?

Thanks for the help!

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:09 am

What does it say on the Royal Mail page when you try to track it?

Royal Mail recorded 2nd class is really crap. Once I received after 3 WEEKS! It's really slow! I only use Special Delivery nowadays.

crivero1
Newly Registered

Post by crivero1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:34 am

In Royal mail website it says that "Information on your item is not yet available online." Could it really take so long (3 weeks)? It has been passed 2 weeks yet and it suppose that it only takes 3 to 4 working days.

It was sent by 2nd class, because they change the policy in January and I didn't notice that they will send my passports by 2nd class. Has someone dealt with something similar?

newcan
Newly Registered

Lost Passports

Post by newcan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:53 pm

Hi ,

I have also lost the passports same way as you. I called royal mail many times and finally i asked them to send a letter confirming about the documents lost which they did. I have applied for new passports.

It seems something happening for the posts that are getting delivered between home office and Royal Mail.

Cheers,
CS

crivero1
Newly Registered

Post by crivero1 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:42 pm

Thanks newcan for your answer. But how long did you wait? Did you receive at least the passports months later after you start to obtain the new passports?

newcan
Newly Registered

Lost Passports

Post by newcan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:06 am

Hi,

I haven't received my OLD passports.

I have applied for new passport. I am going to file a case against home office and Royal mail.

Cheers,
CS

newcan
Newly Registered

Lost Passports

Post by newcan » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:37 pm

Hi,

Have you recieved your passports? I am planning to file a Case against Home Office and royal mail.If you lost your passports and other documents let us join together to get compension.

Cheers
CS