ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which is the right form to fill pls?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Faithful
Newly Registered

Which is the right form to fill pls?

Post by Faithful » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:56 am

Pls hear me out. I have an un usual case which needs an urgent attention. I thought someone might be able to help...
I was married ten years ago abroad, I lived with my husband in this country until I was pregnant with me second child. We then split up. Our kids are 8&5 respectively. I applied for Discretional ILR a year ago on the grounds of Access to children and luckily, I was honored. I have since registered them as British citizens.
Now, I have recently made up with my husband and he has recently moved in with me. The problem is, he's had his backlog assylum case refused and has been asked to leave voluntarily or a removal will be enforced. As a matter of fact, I am not working and I am solely on benefits and carer's al. My CTC is not in joints name yet. Would do asap. Pls what is the right thing to do? I am so exhausted as i think all the time. I am actively looking for work and I attend jobcentre workshops and stuff. Please help Kids hearts will be broken if he's sent back as they are currently having a wonderful time together. Any advice would be invaluable and much much appreciated. God bless![quote][/quote[/list]

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:38 am

I'm sorry - I've read this 3 times and I don't understand.

Who are you asking for help for? You or your partner?

What help do you want?

Faithful
Newly Registered

Post by Faithful » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:23 am

Thanks MPH80 for asking. Help is for partner and in a nutshell,
Q is, what is the right application to make for him to be able to stay in the country? and also do we present ourselves as married still or just partners as we've only just started living together again. He sought assylum in 2001, and also he applied as dependant relative of his uncle whom he lived with during the separation. That was rejected too. All this while though, there was no divorce as we were married abroad before moving here.
I have ILR and kids have British passports. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:30 pm

Unless divorced, you remain married. So your partner can only apply for leave to enter/remain as spouse of a settled person.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Faithful
Newly Registered

Post by Faithful » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:43 am

Thanks Sushdmehta for the reply but the problem is he's been asked to leave do you think we've got any chances of he been given? Going abroad at this time for me is out of the Q. Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:16 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.