ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Translations of documents for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

returntotheuk
Ireland

Translations of documents for spouse visa

Post by returntotheuk » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:52 am

Hi Again,

It says in the application form for the spouse visa that translations are required for all supporting documents. However, which supporting documents are the most important?

The British Embassy wants 70$US per one A1 page document! It will cost me a fortune, the marriage documents itself is around 20 pages! Then there are birth certifcates, land documents, rental agreement, utility bills etc!

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:27 pm

Every document that is evidence to prove that the applicant meets the immigration requirements is important.

ECO will have no problem in refusing an application if you do not provide translated copy of document(s) that you may consider "low in priority" if the ECO believes that such documents were required to prove that the applicant met any/some/all of the specified immigration requirements.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:17 pm

what country are you in? I would've thought there would be a cheaper alternaive than the embassy to translate documents.

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:38 pm

Greenie wrote:what country are you in? I would've thought there would be a cheaper alternaive than the embassy to translate documents.
Hi Greenie,

We are in Cambodia, I found that there are other places slightly cheaper. It is not simply getting them translated, it has to be a translator they know.

It looks I am going to just have to do it. However, just hope I do not need all the documents which are part of marriage document.

Thanks

lizziet

Post by lizziet » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:19 pm

Hi
We got our marriage certificate and a few other important documents translated officially but other things like letters from family we translated ourselves. There is something in the guidance that says you can provide a summary in English - but don't do that for vital documents such as marriage certificate as they need to be done by a proper translator.
Partner returned to own country 20/06/2010
Got married 17/07/2010
Appointment to submit docs 26/08/2010
E-mail from consulate pending further enquiries 22/09/2010
E-mail from consulate - visa has been issued!! 18/10/2010